1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make In-law Relations Truly Good - Is It Imposible?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by madeinindia, Sep 1, 2018.

1. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Yes it is possible to have good relationship. You should have no expectation of return and serve them wholeheartedly . Second is honesty , if someone controls u or criticises your looks then tell straightforward that u are hurt . Honesty is binding factor of relationships . Do your duty but keep distance , it's not good to put up with abuse.

2. madeinindia

madeinindia New IL'ite

Thanks guys. I find it hard to serve people who will backstab me at first opportunity. Who will incite my husband and kids against me etc. Its like I have to maintain tight control of my emotions all the time. I am unable to love them wholeheartedly without the fear that they will hurt me.

3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

In life if any person abuses or disrespects me then I just cut that person from.my life .I would advise same But it is your in-laws .don't forget that they are your husband parents and it is his duty to look after them . Make sure your hsuband fulfils all his duties and takes care of them.physically, Financially , emotionally . You can maintain your distance . Reduce your talks if you always get taunts and abuse .after some time they will understand their mistakes and how much they have hurt u , and try to improve relationship with u . Be patient .

A person who does his duty sincerely need not show any extra saccharine sycophancy in the face of abuse . Just be respectful. be yourself and maintain your dignity .

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Sweety82 likes this.
  4. madeinindia

madeinindia New IL'ite

Thank you all. I am going to work on "karmanye va dhikaraste ma phaleshu kadachana".