How to make GHEE from butter/makhan at home!

Discussion in 'Punjab & Haryana' started by RiddhimaT, Aug 11, 2012.

1. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hey All,

I like the tips given in the thread to make butter, so starting this thread of making GHEE from Butter.

I have never tried it since I like white butter so much that its finished in a day or two :|
    But will like if you all can share some tips and things to take care of while making Ghee at home.

Thanks a lot!

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

Gather the white butter daily in a bowl add some curd to it and keep it refrigerated add white butter daily into that and mix it very well. Once the bowl is full u can make the GHEE out of it.
    If u want to know the procedure of making ghee then let me know i will post it

Thyagarajan and SriPriya123 like this.
  3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    We use organic butter to make organic ghee. Heat the butter in a thick bowl and stir it without sticking in the bowl. The tip is the boiling sound of butter should stop, then you switch it off. You can add some curry leaves and remove from the stove. Keep it aside and remove the curry leaves and allow it to cool. Then you get delicious ghee. Hope this procedure helps.

Thyagarajan and VrittiK like this.
  4. Arshi09

Arshi09 New IL'ite

By Curry Leaves do you mean Curry Patta used in vegetables etc???

Riddhima, I usually put butter in a heavy bottom pan and let it melt stirring it often....the only sign I get that ghee has been formed is that the upper layer gets covered with a lot of bubbles and the brown residue settles down.....

Try it once and let me know.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. minotiKamat

minotiKamat New IL'ite

Can you collect cream from homogenized milk? Has anyone done that? Please reply. Want homemade ghee from my young one.

Thyagarajan likes this.