1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Make Friends

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by swathiudhay, Mar 9, 2017.

1. swathiudhay

swathiudhay Bronze IL'ite

Many of the past life incidents made me so that i am not able to make friends. I share everything with my hubby but still feel so bad that i don't have a friend to share things. Yes i have 3 friends from my PU College but they are on and off and not in touch most of the time. When ever i have tried making friends its a big flop especially in my work locations previously where the so called thought friend would go n bitch about me and most of them became hostile. I speak to so many but no one is my friend. My mom does her responsibility but never i have shared a bond with her the way every daughter shares. If i cry she says you cry for silly things as if the world is end instead of consoling me. I have never slept on my moms lap ever till date. I have become introvert from being extrovert..i dont share anything to anyone now...i am recently opening things here...I sometime feel jealous of people who can make a bond easily. If it was with one person then i can say mistake is of that person but whom ever i try being friendly has been hostile hence i feel that there is something wrong with me and not them..I need to know where i am going wrong..

Ankita2017 and minn1 like this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Since you say your financial situation is not good, it is highly recommended that you stick to your job right now. You could throw everything you have at your business but you can't predict how soon it will take off and give you sufficient return.

It would be wise to wait until you and your husband have substantial savings put away for emergencies first before investing heavily in your business.

I've seen a couple with a little child succeed in business but is wasn't easy. The wife kept her day job and the husband slogged for the business, which the wife would work for too after her day job. When money got really tight and the husband would take up a short term contract to ease the stress too. Then when the business started showing returns they sold some shares to a set of friends to raise more money and expand. It was a maddening and stressful 5/ 6 years - to ramp up to the demand, make sure their child had a reasonable life etc. Plus they didn't have parental support either because both sets of parents thought they were crazy to having left lucrative jobs to be entrepreneurs. There was back stabbing by a friend who had invested which they had to deal with legally spending money they didn't have. Now they are reaping more benefits but they still slog a great deal.

You need to figure out how much of risk you and your family and are willing to take.

3. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Oops! You are right; @suasi Thanks for pointing it out.

Sorry, OP

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

OP..This is a common problem and what you need now is self introspect.

Secondly,change your definition of friendship..

1)NO expectations
    2)The only thing you can expect is to be comfortable and able to be yourself around that person
    3)Friendships should never be forced and stop trying hard
    4)If it is meant to happen,it will
    5)If you still need friends ,then there is work involved,keeping in touch,hearing their side of stories etc..
    6)people change and friendships aren't stagnant esp after college things change
    7)concentrate on what you want,have hobbies,go for some classes where you will meet like minded people
    8)If friendships happen,well and good.If not also
    No problem.Thatsthe best attitude

Relax and enjoy family life.everything will work out

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

By the way ,where are you located?

7. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

We should keep less expectations and never expect perfections. If you already don't have good friends, it's difficult to find new ones (especially the nature of friends you are looking for). Very rare that you can get good friends in office bcos of competition n jealousy. You should be able to let go few minus of other people. Many a times we might feel , ppl use us for their needs. If we want friends or company ,we just have to let go that feeling.

8. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP...I will share with you what works for me. I like my solitude but I also like being around people. I'm fairly social and make friends with most people I meet. The truth is that I am honestly, genuinely interested in people.

1) When I talk to someone, I pay attention to them and what they are saying. If I were to die tomorrow, this person could be the last person I spoke to..so that makes them pretty special in my eyes...:) I find its an adventure to meet new people.

2) The seed of friendship though is only formed with those whom I find interesting and who's sense of humor matches mine.

3) The way I start a new friendship is to keep my heart as authentic and open as I can. Yes, some people will hurt us. But if you get past your fear of getting hurt, then you will receive more warmth and love from others. Be honest and friendly in your interactions with others. Help others in times of need, be loving and kind, generous in thought and action...don't sweat the small stuff.

4) When you talk to others be mindful that you do not hog all the conversation. Yes, you want to talk about what happened to you today and how your day went...but before that you need to ask the other person too about their day and stuff that is important to them.

5) The few times I have had trouble with people is when they look away from me when they are talking. Or are very negative in their words - how the world is out to get them or how unlucky they are compared to others and how no one understands them. I am not saying that these emotions or feelings are wrong. Everyone goes through a pity party and everyone should be entitled to one depending on what they are going through. But if that formulates a person's entire world view then it gets depressing and heavy for others to spend time with them.

Hope this helps!

9. lathalatha1

lathalatha1 New IL'ite

I would like to share something that I have experienced from a close family friends. I don't want to give much details in the public forum. But I want to share this incidence that happened lately. This so called family friends person hacked all my accounts and friends details from Linkedin, FB to google profiles and started creating multiple accounts on different names and bothering all my family and friends groups especially women. we lately released that my accounts have been hacked and this so called family friend is doing all these. Just unbelievable even to think why this person is acting like this. This person even hacked his wife's accounts it seems. Now, I don't have much idea on my family friends internal things but it has become bitter experience for us. we have no idea why this person is acting this way and we are not in touch with them. we want to stay away from this person or family. If they have anything they can detail straight with people instead of attacking them from social media and other sources. I'm not able to understand this act at all. They're all adults well educated in workforce. what's the need to bother others in this way. I'm just sharing my experience with you all. please don't judge me or give rude replies. I just want to vent out my feelings.
    But i want to hear you're valuable opinions

10. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

Wow..it's as if I could have started this thread...same boat..sigh..I just try to keep busy..cz that's the easiest distraction and one thing I realized that I have stopped seeing fb as it affects me the most...seeing the perfect lives everyone else seems to live..this is the only space where I get a lil solace ..like @anika987 said ..if it's meant to ..will happen ..till then one day at a time ..HUGS

anika987 and Varma99 like this.