How to make chocolates more YUMMMMY ???

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Anchan, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Anchan

Anchan New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am a chocolate lover!! Not just to eat even to make it.... But I am only familiar with the traditional making of chocolates. I want to try more and add flavour to it. I dunno how to make my chocolates yummmy.. If anyone knows what all can be added to bring new flavour to chocolates please suggest me....

Regards,
    Anchan:confused2::confused2:

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Try the recipe for Rocky road from the BBC food ebsite. Its by Nigella Lawson. My friend made this last weekend and said it was amazing..

If you are looking for real life experiences to make the chocolate taste better, I usually go for sprinkling it on top of an ice cream and sharing it with my better half :D

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anchan,

You can try the following:

1. Add different kinds of nuts, dried fruits or crispies to add different textures to the chocolate.

2. Try flavors like citrus, coffee, liquor if you want to try new flavors

3. Make chocolates more attractive by layering them differently. For ex: layer white and dark chocolates alternately or caramel and chocolate. You can even try different patterns like swirls.

4. Try moulding the chocolate into different and attractive shapes. Moulds often restrict your creativity. If you want a free hand, try piping choclate into different shapes

1 person likes this.
  4. Anchan

Anchan New IL'ite

Hi Tanoshi,
    Thanks for that info.. wil definitely try that..

Hi Orion,
    Thanks a lot for all those suggested ways.. I have tried with nuts and moulds.. And right, moulds restrict our creativity. I am trying to find out the Cones to pipe chocs in diff shapes.. So that I can try Swirls too..

5. Sanjaywable

Sanjaywable New IL'ite

Chocolates are already yummy!!! But add ice-cream to it and you have a treat!

6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Chocolate sauce - there are quite a few simple recipes for it on the internet.
    You can make it and use it as a dip for strawberries or nuts or marshmallows or just pour it over vanilla sponge cake or ice cream.

7. madpri83

madpri83 Bronze IL'ite

How long it will take to melt the choclate in the dobule boiler method.... ​