1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to make baby chubby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by lovemybaby, Jul 16, 2008.

1. fanny

fanny New IL'ite

I have also same problem, my baby was when born she was 3.320Kgs (she was born in 36 weeks). I know that was a very good weight, but she had jaundice then and on 5th day she was admitted for 24hrs for photo therapy, after that she became 3kg. and now she is 8 month old and weighs only 7.5kgs.otherwise she is active.and has started crawling also, can somebody advise me what can I do for her so that she can gain more weight.

2. lovemybaby

lovemybaby New IL'ite

Looks like mom's here are least worried if their baby is not chubby. But its really disappointing when baby is not gaining weight and any fat deposits in her body. The baby doesn't even take food or milk properly. It has been like a fighting between both of us for every feeding.

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

I am really confused now, lovemybaby, earlier you had agreed that your baby's pedi confirmed she is normal for her weight and there's nothing wrong with her, now you're saying that the baby is not gaining weight and is not eating properly. :idontgetit:

I do agree with you though, my baby's chubbiness is the least of all my worries. Now if she was underweight, then I would worry. A baby can be skinny and healthy at the same time. I would suggest that you talk to your pedi about your concerns first.

Raj

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

If her weight is ok as per her doctor then do you really think it worthwhile to turn every feeding into a battle? Ultimately its a battle you cant win and its only going to result in you getting frustrated and your baby hating mealtimes and food. All mothers would love their babies to look like babies in ads but in real life we have to accept and love what we are given. I'm sorry if I have hurt your feelings - only it seems to me that you are making yourself unhappy for no reason.

Vanathi.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008