1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to lose 5kgs wt and reduce waist size?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by kavitha9977, Dec 13, 2011.

1. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Hi shabrin,
    I am having a 17 month old baby boy.I am also keen in reducing some 5 kg weight which I put on after delivery.Since, I am feeding my baby now I don't want to cut down my calorie intake.This is mainly because of the frustration I may get by avoiding my favorite dishes,not able to spend time in gym .I am pretty tired due to my kutty's irregular sleeping pattern( of course it is regular in his own time table --midnight play,morning 5 to 9 sleep)
    I followed some methods to reduce my added weight (around 10 kgs) after my first delivery 8 years ago.It worked for me.
    Work outs have never been my favorite.I do all simple house hold chores in my home__regular dusting,cleaning shelves,cup boards regularly,once in a while moping the floors,walking to nearby shops to get groceries.
    I reduced my belly size considerably by touching my toes in standing position .I regularly did it before bathing so that I never forget doing it.I started with 20 times a day and slowly increased to 100.

Kapalbathi yoga helped in reducing my pot belly.To do it properly check this link
    Kapalbhati Yoga Breathing Exericse for Weight Loss - YouTube<cite class="kv"></cite>

Regarding food intake,
    1. I limited consumption of sugar in any form--coffee,tea sweets,chocolates.
    2.I used to eat food by keeping the rice portion of the plate in opposite direction and side dish portion facing me as if the main course is vegetables.
    3.Definitely two kind of vegetable side dishes .One in the form of raitha_ banana stem raitha,carrot raitha,cucumber raitha etc.Another poriyal strictly without coconut.
    4.No potato .If I felt like eating chips,I make it with plantain and absorbed excess oil with tissue.
    5.Kollu rasam definitely reduces wait.Never forget to add asfoetida and garlic as kollu causes stomach bloating.
    6.Biscuits look like light snacks.But they add extra weight .
    7.I used a small cup for coffee,tea instead of the larger ones.
    And the most important tips are the following ones which I came to know from net browsing and have not tried yet.
    1.Make a powder of cinnamon (pattai).In a tumbler of warm water ,add a pinch of the powder and a tsp honey.You can have it any time during the day.Remember ,too much intake causes stomach upset.This is good for arthritis,diabetes also.If you are comfortable with the intake ,have 2 glasses from next week.It definitely reduces cholesterol.
    2.Drink 3 glasses of warm water in empty stomach.This will dissolve the fat lining in our stomach resulting in decreased waist size.
    Good Luck.

2 people like this.
  2. sabita1987

sabita1987 Bronze IL'ite

Hi kavitha,
    Everyday i do 1/2hr walking on threadmill,walk away pounds by leslie sansone for 30mins,i play kinnect games like playing table tennis or beach volley ball or lawn tennis depends on my mood.I am planning to start the new thread,if you want just join in it.

3. sabita1987

sabita1987 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks shanvy,
    Sure i will check the threads by rmpriya and ptamil.

4. Jayavenkat

Jayavenkat New IL'ite

Hi,

Me too tried various methods and presently I have stopped taking rice...it really works...have food items made from wheat. you can see the change in 15 days time.My routine is:-

1. drink 2 glasses of water(and have atleast 10 glasses of water in a day)
    2. go for a walk - 1/2 an hour
    3. coffee/tea without sugar or sometimes grean tea.
    4. breakfast - corn flakes with milk or fruits or fruit juice.
    5. lunch - 3 chappathi with vegetables.
    6. coffee w/o sugar with 2 biscuits around 3.30 p.m.
    7. Dinner - chappathi 3 nos. with side dish or samba wheat rava upma..

wheat rava is very tasty with sambar/rasam and curd....try this!!

:cheers

5. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Wow, getting great ideas here..

1 person likes this.
  6. hetha

hetha Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    For healthy weight loss, try this old grandma tip. Just take handful horsegram, soak it over night and boil it by adding 1 pinch of black salt. Before soaking it, clean thoroughly because it may have more dust. This drink you should have it in empty stomach and then do your regular exercise.
    Tried myself and i had reduces a lot

7. VaibhaviB

VaibhaviB Junior IL'ite

try 'Kapalabhati' tht's the best one for your query.

All the very best

Regards,
    Vaibhavi

8. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

Thank you very much for sharing the tips. I hope this must be very useful for one and all. Not much restriction and not a very difficult way that it can't be followed.

1 person likes this.
  9. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hetha,

Please tell me whether we should drink only the boiled water of horsegram or we should eat the horsegram also.

10. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Horse gram if taken continuously can cause bloating.So, take horse gram as rasam adding garlic,asfoetida.

Shabrin,
    I too have a 17 month baby and could not find time for gym or work outs.Since,I am breast feeding ,I cannot cut carbohydrates immediately.

So,I am following the method which I followed 6 years ago after my first son's birth and reduced 5 kgs.

1.Kabalpathi if done properly reduces belly fat and frees us from negative thoughts.Its true.

2.Avoid potato completely.If you feel like eating chips ,make it with plantain.

3.Drink 2 glasses of water every day on empty stomach.Slowly,increase to 4 cups.It dissolves the fat lining layer inside the stomach.

4.Turn the dinner plate so that rice portion faces opposite to you and side dish portion facing you.This leads to increase in vegetable intake and reduced rice intake.

5.Make raitha a compulsory side dish like plantain stem,cucumber,carrot,white pumpkin.

Try it out.
    Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011