1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to lose 5kgs wt and reduce waist size?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by kavitha9977, Dec 13, 2011.

1. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

These kind of crash dieting is not good for health.The food plan mentioned as per the diet program is not balanced.I know of a person who followed this diet once in a while and yes,she lost few kgs.But,soon she developed low blood platelets problems.She acquired extra 10 kgs due to the medicines.Don't follow crash dieting.
    Instead take soups,whole fruits not juices,limit sweets,sugar intake.

1 person likes this.
  2. sasirekhaG

sasirekhaG Senior IL'ite

Hiiii...
    I too want to loose min kgs in two months as some wedding is there... My height is 5"5'. And my weight is 65 now.. I became fat after my marriage.. My diet plan is.....

Morning---1 glahh lemon+honey water
    then cycling for 30 min..
    then 1 cup green tea
    Breakfast--- oats with milk
    Morning snacks--- fruits
    Lunch-- Home made food which includes rice and curry
    Snacks--- a glass of milk with some home made snacks
    Dinner--- oats(small quantity) and fruits...

I have some what big thighs and waist that my problem...

Can anyone please suggest me whether this diet is sufficient or do i neet to do anything more... please suggest....

3. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Hi SasiRekha,
    Oats contains lots of fiber which reduces cholesterol.But,when you are keen in reducing weight soon ,add buttermilk instead of milk with boiled oats.A little salt,a pinch of asafoetida,few chopped curry leaves,a slice of green chilly can be added for extra taste and flavour.
    You are saying home made snacks.It should be like roasted puffed rice,sandwich without cream,butter or jam.
    Have kollu(horse gram) rasam with lunch.

4. shabrin

shabrin New IL'ite

Hi kishoremommy,

Even I need to lose my weight..put on so much weight after c-section..now my baby is 14 months old..kindly give some advice and tips..

5. sasirekhaG

sasirekhaG Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Kishoremommy....... I will sure do it....

6. sabita1987

sabita1987 Bronze IL'ite

Gals,
    I am also doing some workouts for weightloss.I started this last year dec7th 210,at that time my weight was 73kgs and now i am 63.5kgs.My height is 5.1 and my goal is to shed some more pounds ie..,58kgs by april 2012.I badly need a partner for my weight loss programme,we can share tips,our diet,excercises etc.

7. kavitha9977

kavitha9977 New IL'ite

Sabitha,
    Kindly share the workouts tat you do....may be will be helpful for us.

R.Kavitha

8. simran2278

simran2278 New IL'ite

Hey there,

Try the GM diet its available on the net...trust me it does work wonders and dont forget to ping me once you see the results..all the best!!

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sabita good loss and spread over a year..this is the best way to lose..small goals,inching towards the targe goal. I lost 25kgs over a period of two years..that is actual loss is 19 and also lost the gain of 5+ kgs in between the 2 years because of health restrictions. I lost the whole weight by just walking and nothing more.

what you have followed earlier should be right that you have lost gweight..the last few kgs will take time..they are more stubborn..you can check out how to break the plateau by rmpriya, or the last 5 kgs by ptamil..

2 people like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

GM diet, and other diets do shock the system into losing weight, unless you substantiate it with exercise, good sensible diet all that you lost will add back with more vengence. the gm diet is actually designed in removing toxin, then adding fibre, rehydrating and so on...

4 people like this.