1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to keep your secrets once married?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Iamagoodgirl, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

I will be married after 4 months and joining husband and his mom dad to live with.There are things about me which i prefer to keep secret eg i do dieting,I use homeopathy remedies ,my skin care routine,my diary.

I have observed people react negatively (esp those elder one) to few things and they are very adamant and want to enforce their views on others.They feel disrespected or offended if you dont agree and change accordingly.
    I remember i had difficult time dealing with my own grandma because she always tried to spoil my dieting plan telling me to eat everything .She used to get offended if i say no to something she prepared even it is unhealthy ,oily sugary sweet.
    This is why i prefer to keep many things secret.Outside home i simply pretend i does nothing.I dont know how i am going to do this once i am at my inlaws place.Its very easy to deal with things if you are single and have you own room,cupboard to hide things.

What do you ladies do?

Real big concern is my diary.There are things written like my college days crushes on boys,my depress days,my mistakes.I am scare if anyone reads my diary those things will be use against me.What shall i do?Shall i just burn those pages?

1 person likes this.

2. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

keep these in ur house and say ur parents not to open them that something personal.Better to trust parents I guess

1 person likes this.
  3. Vidhyadev

Vidhyadev Bronze IL'ite

Please burn your diary and stop writng it.. if needed you can maintain a ediary with password

8 people like this.
  4. shivagami

shivagami Bronze IL'ite

pls keep secret whatever YOU FEEL SENSITIVE...LIFE IS IMPORTANT...THAN YOUR DIARY...IF YOU FEEL THOSE PAGES WILL CREATE A BAD IMPRESSION ON YOU IN THE SENSE PLEASE....DISCARD IT...CREATING A GOOD IMPRESSION IN YOUR FAMILY IS MOST IMPORTANT FOR A HAPPY AND RESPECTFUL LIFE...

5. Iamagoodgirl

How about other things? When my grandma used to force feed me i used to eat little in front of her then i used to go in other room and simply throw away that food.That trick i just too risky @ inlaws place.There even i am not going to have separate room.Me and my husband are going to share room.So what if he caught me throwing away food made by his mom.That will create catastrophe !

Also how do you ladies hide things like condoms,sex toys,intimate clothing.Is it unwritten rule at your place that other members of house dont check your cupboards?

Seriously how you married ladies maintain privacy in joint family system?[​IMG]

6. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

have a suitcase separetly hidden in ur cupboard with a lock and key in-between ur clothes

1 person likes this.
  7. strangegirl

strangegirl Silver IL'ite

I do not see a problem in openly sharing your diet and other plans such as homeopathy remedies. Tell them frankly that how and how long you are planning to do this, and what is to be done, and what is not to be done accordingly. This won't create any misunderstanding between you folks in the future.
    Eg: When you say a strict NO to your MIL's surgery sweet plainly bcz of your diet, but she takes it differently and keep grudges over it. You can avoid such unwanted situations by being open and honest with them.

I know elders won't care much on diet and stuff specially for young ones, so you can bring exaggerate this by adding a doctor's advice in this. That will have more volume than your own diet plan

As for diary.. I think it is risky...
    I won't trust that every one will remain decent, and hence wont touch the other person's personal things without permission. You know, we are living with humans, so mistakes do happen. If someone by mistakenly happen to read your diary and reveal the secretive info to your hubby or in laws, the same can sometimes back fire against you with proof.
    It is not safe, specially not at all safe for a new bride.

Until and unless the understanding and bond become strong between you guys, it is better to keep them (diary, letters etc...) in a safer place other than your in laws home.

8. Iamagoodgirl

^^ hey thats thats good idea.

9. strangegirl

strangegirl Silver IL'ite

That you can keep it in your own personal cupboard -safely locked and the key remains with you. Everyone basically know the cupboard is to keep your cloths and books, but I am sure there is a place for you to keep these sex stuff too.
    Do not hide anything in common cupboards...

I always had problems when it comes to throwing the used condoms... I tried flashing it in the attached toilet, but had a hard time making it disappear since the material kept on coming back even after several attempts of flashing - Giving hints to others, who happen to use our toilet.
    Could not throw it to the dust bin as well, as there was barely nothing in that bin in our bathroom. So if I feared what if my MIL/MOM sees it when they try to empty the trash bins.

10. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

How depressing that in our culture, a married woman does not have the right to a bit of privacy even in the comfort of her own home.

I understand that it's inevitable, that there will always be a nosy parker or busybody in the form of a family member or neighbour, but having to hide ones precious and intimate belongings from all of the family even in our marital home takes things a bit too far.

:-(

7 people like this.