1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How to keep my kid occupied in summer?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by onefromdallas, Jul 15, 2005.

1. onefromdallas

onefromdallas New IL'ite

hi everyone! i just joined the group today. its summer and I am home with my 4 1/2 yr old. any suggestion as to what to do? has any of you tried out play groups? does it work out well?
    suggestion please!

2. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Last summer I had taken my kids to playgroups. The playgroup members used to meet on Mondays & Thursdays between 10am - 12noon and it was for kids of ages 2 to 4. They had lots of activities for the kids like painting, craftworks, splash and swim in the pool, indoor and outdoor games and more fun. My kids made lots of friends and they enjoyed being with lots of them of their same age group and interests.

There were some socializing among the moms too who came to the playgroups with the kids. It was good to share experiences about kids among the moms.

Are you looking for joining a playgroup or starting one on your own for kids in your locality? It's full of fun with kids!

3. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Read this book about play groups...

Hi,

You may want to check this book - A Stay-At-Home Mom's Complete Guide to Playgroups.

I got this book in Amazon, great book for someone planning to start a playgroup, gives good ideas about activities for children, how to get parents involved, etc.

Hope it helps!