How to keep fast for shiva pooja on mondays?

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by mouli_7, Nov 9, 2009.

1. mouli_7

mouli_7 New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I want to keep fast(upvaas) on mondays, I am kannadiga,can anybody plz advice me how to the rituals? Not the solah somvaar vrath, I am married, I am bakht of shiva, and want to do the somavaar fasting, I didn't know where to post this, So I am doing it here...........
    dayavittu pooja vidhana thilisi kodi..........
    danyavaadagalu gelathiyare

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    In our house my mother takes regular meals one time only(usually mid day) and for breakfast and dinner she has fruit and milk. My aunt takes meal mid day for breakfast and dinner she takes tiffin items like idli dosa upma avalakki.
    I think the best person to advise you will be either your mother or MIL why dont you ask them.

VJBunny

3. REKHSA

REKHSA New IL'ite

Dear friends

On Monday, wake up early morning, take bath.:).
    Then go to the nearby temple, offer bel leaves, milk and water to shivaling, offer white flowers to Ma parwathi and pray for your well being. Read shiva chalisa, chant Om namah shivaya throughout the day. Have lunch and have fruits or some tiffin for dinner.

I do my Monday Pooja in this way.
    :)

4. sarithabotla

sarithabotla New IL'ite

Hi
    am also a shiv bhakt and am doing monday fasting since 6 yrs now.. the same way not particularly chanting shiv chalisa ..but i fast the same way as been told and visit near by shiv temple if possible :)
    Thanks
    saritha