How to interpret this colleague

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by jmsd, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

I have a colleague at work who is in the same capacity as mine .
    We interact a lot regarding work and discuss many general matters as well.
    A professional relationship with a lot of interdependence.Although he's not a very enthusiastic about work,I just found out that he views a lot of **** at work.
    We have a lot of female staff working under us.
    What does one think of such a colleague.I mean how should I interpret such a coworker.

2. asrikandath

asrikandath Bronze IL'ite

What he views during his work hours should not be your concern.As long as he does the work he has to do and does not interfere with your work,you need not get perturbed about it.He is a matured person and we don't have to be a moral police to others.People have their own interests .What we feel is right need not be so for another.If this particular act of his interferes or harms your work then you can directly tell him so.I don't think that a person who views **** stuff is a dangerous person nor someone with whom you should cut all your interactions

3. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Huh ????? Viewing **** at work is an extremely unprofessional thing to do, and can result in severe disciplinary action including and upto termination of job.

What do you mean it should not be her concern ??? I say report the colleague to HR.

4. pretty84

pretty84 New IL'ite

Viewing pron during work or out of office is not at all your concern, and few employers too dont care about their staff viewing this during work hours, such independence can be seen in fewer companies.. and if he is doing this occassionaly, it does not matter, however if he is spending much of his time and viewing prone in your presence or he pretends as if he view them without your knowledge, but indirectly hints you what he saw, means he has some psycho disorder.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. ShwetaSri

ShwetaSri Bronze IL'ite

You should report about him as it is ethically wrong to use net for personal work during office hours then viewing **** is something far beyond that.

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

First find out what your company policy is against viewing **** in your office. Many companies have policies which explicitly states that viewing **** at office will result in immediate termination. If your company has such a clause, then either point it out to him or take it up with your manager or HR.

If your company doesnt have such a clause, which is very rare, inform your manager or HR about this and leave it to them to take action.

7. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

hmmmmm.i dont understand whts ur problem with him if he is viewing ****(Many people does it) if he does his work properly and not distracting or disturbing others. Corporate world is not the place for ethics.By the way always don't go by rule book there will be trouble ahead. Ethics are only on paper. Companies care least for it and they are most bothered about their stock price. They care only for GTD, High performance or who can make money for the company .

for eg chk this link below to know wht happened for the people who fight for ethics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanmughan_Manjunath
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satyendra_Dubey

8. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

I dont know why lot of responders keep saying its his private business. If he does it on his PRIVATE time, in the PRIVACY of his HOME, then yes, its his own business what he sees and nobody else's.

But you see, the guy is doing this in his office desk !!
    Which is completely unethical, unacceptable and most corporate HR policies take stringent action for such things.
    I still say report to your HR. Good luck.

9. LoveUrLovedOnes

LoveUrLovedOnes Senior IL'ite

I personally feel, that he should not be viewing **** during office hours. He doing it at home is a different issue. But doing it in office, it condemnable. And dat too, in a place,where female workers are working, he should not be doing it.