1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to increase hemoglobin level..

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by gsaikripa, Mar 11, 2012.

1. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Mums,
    Thanks for the detailed reply.. He is in Hospital.. fever is not reducing..got cold& cough putting ICe cubes in the forehead..
    the child is suffering...refuse to eat

2. sambangi

sambangi Junior IL'ite

Hi ,

6 is very low dear .. Pls consult doctor .. .. by this time u could have consulted i guess

3. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

I am feeling worried to hear about the child. I am sure you might be helping for his treatment. He definitely needs medication to fight all the problems.
    One of my previous maid had low HB. I had taken her to a doc and purchased her a 3 months iron suppliment as per prescription. This improved her health a lot.

4. ramkarthick2011

ramkarthick2011 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your valuable information. I bookmarked it. Surely pomegranate juice is really good to increase the level of hemoglobin.

5. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Thanks for all your advice.Today,The child is discharged from Hospital.Dr suggest to eat Iron Tablet.&Iron contains vegetable..It will improve hemoglobin.level

6. lakshmi1945

lakshmi1945 Silver IL'ite

The commonest cause for low hemoglobin(anemia) in a child is intestinal worms. Unless the worms are eliminated, no use giving iron tonics.Treat the cause ,not the symptoms. deworming is the first step. Prior to that motion examination in a good lab is a must.
    Lakshmi

7. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Having dates(1-2 at a time) 3-4 times a week will show quick increase in Haemoglobin levels.

1 person likes this.
  8. anuraj92

anuraj92 Bronze IL'ite

Dates is very rich in Iron ..let him take this along with orange juice or any citric juice...
    As mentioned above by other friends let him take iron supplement tablets for some months and once Hb increases let him maintain it with healthy food...and above all he should check why his Hb is going down and that has to be rectified....may be he is having some infection affecting the RBC count so treatment has to be taken for that also...but if he is anemic just because of lack of nutritious diet then let him take iron tablets and healthy food..

With prayers,
    Anu

9. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Having apples daily,beetroots, carrot juice with honey,spinach, oranges etc.,

Dexorange syrup was prescribed for my cousin's daughter and she was alright soon....check out.

10. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Eating big gooseberry (periya nellikkai) soaked in honey for a night, in empty stomach seems to be a good remedy for hemoglobin problems. Gooseberry must be pricked to make tiny holes in it before soaking it in honey.

This remedy was mentioned in Vaara Malar of Dinamalar newspaper on 24.07.11, in Andumanai Pa.Ke.Pa section. You can read it online also in their site.