How to improve my boutique shop market

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by blessbabydust, Jan 5, 2012.

1. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Hi lovely ladies
    could you please suggest me how to increase my marketing for my newly opened boutique shop ??

2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

wow 23 views but no reply .....

3. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Hi lovely lady,

I can share some of my experiences with you not sure if that will help you.

1. If you have an active social life, then organizing exhibition every alternate 3 months helps. However the theme and products of the exhibitions should be exciting and not repetitive.

2. Be a member of different cultural groups, contribute your effort and time and do not rush into immediate sales or marketing spree. But slowly groom up a close group with whom you start sharing your products.

3. News paper insertion - but at one time focus on a particular area. Do not start insertion at a single point of time targeting all your nearby places

4. Placing small posters/banners in you known grocery stores or any outlets where you feel visibility will be high for your targeted customers

5. Get in touch with similar boutiques and engage into small transactions with them, but select those boutiques that are selling different quality of products than yours

6. Paper advertisement offering some discount sales

7. If you have school or college going children arrange for social dos inviting their moms and introduce your products

These are some ideas depending on your convenience you need to pick up one.

Remember do not rush into multiple sales campaigns at once, else you will not be able to measure campaign impact. Further, if you could touch base with other Indian retail stores and check out if you could be a supplier to their outlets.

I wish you all the success. In case you wish to have your website made feel free to pm me.

cheers!

orion80 likes this.
  4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Great ideas Dakshayaeni..

First find your target customers. To whom does your boutique cater to? Work wear, formals, party wear, wedding collection, ethnic wear etc. Then use the ideas in Dakshayaeni's post to advertise to your target customers.

5. lali31

lali31 Senior IL'ite

Start analysing your customers and note down their interests and get goods that satisfy them.May be their colour choice..New models etc..

6. appuli

appuli New IL'ite

Hi ,

All the above strategies are good.
    Also when you launch any of the idea ..try to think on the content what u want to advertise...
    Your selling points are very imp which attract customers....
    Think on different angles which are related to your product...
    Remember the idea of inserting in news paper or posters is great reaches to good no of customers but
    a regular option to make it more effective you need to be creative/innovative on the content...
    What can be your selling points ...
    You can probably try to connect with any tailors and make a deal for stitching of dresses for your own customers.
    You can stress on the price and quality of fabric and style as well...
    If you can give more details on whats ur status nw..what kind of boutique and what do you sell ...can have better understanding...

Regards

7. riefa

riefa Bronze IL'ite

hi..
    What about making facebook account of your boutique? Upload all stuff, latest, most sale etc. Then add as many friends as you can. Then u can deliver stuffs to homes directly, of course with extra fees. Sometimes by seeing, people intend to buy, though not in need. Selling online via fb is great trend there back home, hope it works also for you.
    Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  8. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

You can go to near by Schools and colleges and meet people and give some discount coupens(even when no discounts)

And can tell if brought this coupen,discountswill be given

90% will come as wont want waste the discounts as people love to get things in less prices..

This will advertise you... after see your Nice collections and valued prices,people will come regular..

hope its useful

1 person likes this.
  9. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

:) thanks dear. true we need to find out the customer segment as well.

10. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

Hi

You can also advertise about your shop in the local cable tv . (not star plus, ndtv..local cable tv which play recent movies everyday) .

Second best option is through Word of Mouth. Ask your customers to get their frnds and tell them you will provide gud discounts.

You shud dress up bindass...when anyone asks you from where you bought such gud dresses u can take them to ur boutique :thumbsup

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    2 people like this.