1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Help My Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SGBV, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I must say that whether people believe in the paranormal, occult, santaria, BM, Billi, Sooniyam, etc. etc. the OP's concern is that her husband is acting oddly, (allegedly) even suicidal, and she is away from the country on some employment assignment.
    • There are friends to keep tabs on the mentally depressed husband.
    • And there could be an effort on the part of the OP to go home and be with him and her kids.
    These are good developments. Never mind about the sideshow on BM, and which culture believes what.

sindmani likes this.
  2. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

Its hard for most people to believe that parents can be harmful or abusive to their children. but in reality there are a lot of such cases. so now your husband feels his parents wanted to intentionally harm his family . basically that throws him into a state where everything feels wrong and dishonest . its a lifelong healing process . he needs support from everyone possible. you are one of those who know him best, you need to be a strong pillar to him now.

also regarding black magic, it exists , its there, but dont emphasize or concentrate on it. what we focus on grows , and you should rather focus on positive things like prayers, good intentions and vibes, etc..

sindmani likes this.
  3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

op opened that can

SinghManisha likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Its funny you should mention Hamlet. I was just talking to my mom about it yesterday. She did her PhD in English Literature and her paper had a lot of reference to Hamlet. When a cousin started writing her own paper, my mom got unreasonably upset as the subject was Lolita. She goes, 'bah! I would have put up with even Pride and Prejudice but Lolita?"
    I tell her, Lolita is equally endearing in its own way, maybe not subject wise but over all. She disagreed.

anyway...I am sorry SGBV. off topic here. Rest assured, black magic is not as common in India as you are led to believe.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  5. jasamineS

jasamineS New IL'ite

Tell him you love him and you will be there for him.

6. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

Sorry SGBV. off topic here.

I couldn't find any newspaper ad online. I have been to TN many times, and I don't think black magic is common in India or Sri Lanka. Some priest uses this as a way to make money. That's all

check this link
    Immigration nabs 27 Indians engaged in black magic in North

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

oh dears....
    First of all my apologies for not being able to visit IL due to some busy office works here.

I thank you everyone for taking your time to respond to my thread here as well as through PMs, and i count you as a blessing in my life.
    Thank you @lavani, @sweetsmiley , @beautifullife30 , @SunPa @Brevity @Rakhii @Amulet @Sunshine04 @abcd5 @nakshatra1 @troubledmom and @SinghManisha (and sorry if I have missed anyone else.....)

Before I clarify my points, please let me offer you some info, which you might need now or later.....
    Answering in relationship threads is more or less similar to offering supportive counselling. That needs lot and lot of empathy.
    Empathy is not sympathizing or knowing exactly what the OP shares. But it is the ability to walk on their shoes for the moment you participate in their threads.
    Having said that, a person with a decade long marital battle with her abusive PILs and affected H would have been tired at a point when she comes here to vent. She does have many other priorities both at her personal and professional life to take care of. Therefore, IL may not be the best place to judge her language or general knowledge, but this is the platform to analyze her problems.

As OP, I may have made language mistakes, generalized a few things foolishly, and contradicted in my words in the posts. It is not because I intend this thread to publicly shame a particular community.... It is just a mistake that happens when you are not on the right frame of mood to express.
    And it is utterly unnecessary to analyze posts by word by word, to find faults and contradictions in this post... so that you can prove that my post was intentional, and the matter here is not about my problem, not about my H's depression but about my generalized statement about Indian community on their BM practice.

It is unfortunately very similar to victim blaming for sexual abuse in our world.
    Instead of empathizing with the victim, we tend to analyze her as who she is, and highlight her dressing, lifestyle, and her mistakes as a talking point to re victimize her. And we completely forget the culprit here. Same happens in my case too.

8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Deleted

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Forget about this.......

The problem clearly is not about BM.
    It is about my PILs intention to separate us.
    They have tried every way since the past 10 years to separate us. And this BM allegedly was one of them.
    Even if we exclude this BM matter from my life, the point is my PILs are our enemies, and they want us to lose in our marriage.

Now, my question is... whether to allow them mingle in our lives, play with the minds of my H and our little kids only to create further trouble in our marriage (as it is their only motive).
    OR
    To stay away from them....

By asking my H to chose between them and I, I intended to make him a wise decision to know which one is his family.
    Eg: If his mom asks him to eat her food every day, and he is not sure where to eat... and this is where he needs to chose.
    All these while, he was unable to chose as he was not given a choice. He just ate his mom's food at night as he could not say NO to her. (and for your kind info, we eat our lunch at work, so there is no way that he could eat my food regularly)
    Choosing not necessarily mean cutting complete ties from his parents, but choosing means to prioritize. Specifically keeping their evil attitude in mind, learning to ignore them and learning to stand by his own family all time time is important.

This is what I have mentioned in my latter post, that I did not ask him to cut complete ties with them.

Now as readers, you all are encouraged to read between the lines, and the whole post to understand what is intended.
    You are expected to listen to understand, and not listen to answer. (so, please stop reading the lines alone without understanding the whole meaning).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  10. prettywoman2

prettywoman2 Bronze IL'ite

SGBV,

If BM is not the main issue here and all you want people to suggest is how to console and help your husband, then there is no need for you to keep mentioning which community practices and believes in BM. When you keep trying to prove that BM is only followed by Indian origin people in your country and it has roots from India, it is very natural that people would take offense. Because a lot of educated and sensible Indians don’t believe in this crap and as much as you find it unbelievable, black magic is unheard of in the educated and forward thinking Indian communities.

I don’t see the need for you to keep justifying who follows it in your country and who doesn’t. You and your family don’t believe in it and that should be the end of it. There are evil and wrong practices in every culture and it’s best to not put direct aligations on one particular community in an open forum like this as it is bound to irk people. I have seen you providing very valuable feedback and advice to people on this forum so am surprised how you don’t see why people are taking offense.

Having said that, I do understand your issue and empathize with it. I guess you are doing your best in the current situation. It would take some time for your husband to accept this betrayal from parents but trust me, time heals everything! He will be able to get over it eventually. He has a lovely family and he will learn to focus on it in time. Just be as supportive as possible and try to meet him frequently during this phase.