How To Handle The Situation

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Sapna56, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

hi
    I just started working in a transitioning project. We are taking up work from another vendor. I have observed few smart things that my managers are doing. Unfortunately I am having two managers. They don't look into technical things when one of them is supposed to. There are 10 applications that we are given from a vendor. Out of them 4 are big and we have four people in our team. For each of these 4 applications there will be deployment meetings scheduled whenever there are releases. I have observed that these two managers never attend the release call. They throw me in for all such calls for which I am not responsible for. It happened today also I was thrown in 2 calls like this. They make sure that they don't attend. One application is so big that there are many items going in it. I don't have any idea about the items and I am been thrown there. I sit like a dumb there. The respective teams who attend the call also ask where are those two. Today after attending I got so tense after coming home. I got fever and cold out of stress. I actually don't know whom to I approach if there are such differences. Being new I am scared that I take a stand like this against them I may get trapped. It's like one subordinate and two managers in our team with no help or doing nothing technical. They just do the work of assigning tasks to offshore. Please help how to handle this. Should I just drop a mail regarding this to them or should I include higher manager as well.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

1. Write your mail... and have no names in the "To" , and don't send it. Think about it for 2 days. Think about how those who receive that would react, what do you gain, what do you lose, can you rephrase the letter to gain more than lose...etc...
    2. After a couple of days things would be clearer. you may decide to send a reformatted letter, include more people, or exclude more people, or not send it at all.

This works for anything critical you have to do. Especially in writing. Once you write, it cannot be taken back without difficulty. It is best not to put your opinions on email/paper, if you can help it.

Rihana likes this.