How To Handle Micro Managing Boss

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by jillcastle, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Such comments on premature birth etc are unnecessary ...and his remarks on pregnancy are very very insensitive..
    Ok you are expected to work at the same pace as other colleagues ..but night shift may be too much for a heavily pregnant woman to handle...however healthy u maybe and however normal then pregnancy is progressing, u really need a sleep..disturbance of sleep routines may affect your overall well being and hormonal balance which is not desirable now..
    What if you have a medical emergency while working night shift in office..have you thought how u will cope..
    Your boss is thinking of the project and deadlines only, while you have both your career and family and baby to think about..how about getting a doctors note and avoiding the night shift..and if you do work at night, can you request for compensatory leaves and work from home..you need to discuss frankly, many men are utterly insensitive and don't understand what a woman goes through during the child bearing process..

jillcastle likes this.
  2. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

Thank you both for understanding. I would be getting the next day off if I work night shift, no higher rate or anything. As I get closer to the date and if there is no way to avoid the night shift I shall talk to my doc about that letter. Hoping the H1 transfer should go thru by then and I dont have to worry about this at all.

3. jenifermakson

jenifermakson New IL'ite

I think you should calmly sit with your boss and tell him about your situation, if still he will not understand your situation. in this case you should left job because you will get another job again but if you will loose your baby thats loss you wont able to bare. Wish you good luck.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Anyone can understand your POV, and it is clear that you can't work hard at the last trimester of your pregnancy. Mostly the employer asks a medical certificate fro, your doctor stating that you are fit to work until the last day of your pregnancy. Else, as per procedure, you will be asked to go on maternity break 2 weeks before your expected due date.
    Reason being, pregnant women can't perform their ToR the way their employers expect at this stage. Their body will demand rest, their mind will be elsewhere, and it is hard to force them work either.
    So, as per the general rule, pregnant women are suppose to take their privileged maternity break when they are suppose to take them. It is not only for the kid, but also for the mom.
    Meanwhile, the management can handle this gap by replacing someone eligible on behalf of you.
    During this overlapping period, you can smoothly hand-over your stuff to that replacement, and expect her/him to perform the duties assigned to you (as per your ToR) during your absence.
    Practically, even though you are on maternity break, you can still support the new-comer (replacement) by phone, mails or as much as possible until your delivery.

If you chose to work till the last day for selfish reasons (I know this word is so heavy, but this is what we do), the management can't pay you for doing something less than what is expected from you.
    If night shift is in your ToR, you can't site pregnancy as a legal reason to get rid of it. Of course there is a moral expectation, but work relationship is highly professional.

Your boss need someone to get done the work.

Perhaps this is the reason he is being rude and impatience with you.

Sit with him... Tell him your concerns... And encourage him to find an alternate arrangement during your absence.
    Give him hopes that you will be available to train and support your replacement as much as you can.

Meantime, if you are moving to a new position, please give proper notice and break your contract amicably.

Because your pregnancy hormones will subsides after sometimes, but you should not lose your networks and professional links for this tiny matter.
    Speaking this from my experience. Best of luck dear!!!