How to go about my first alone trip to US/Europe?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by varalakshmi24, Jun 17, 2014.

1. varalakshmi24

varalakshmi24 Silver IL'ite

Hi

This year end I want to travel to either US or Europe on my own money.

But I am so confused how to go about it. To take a trip to Europe with stay paid for in New Jersey, how much would it cost?

Or if I can stay over at a friends place in Germany how much will an Euro Trip COst?

Please guide

2. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

What are you plannign on doing in Euro or in NJ?

The cost will be based on that. Your expense will be
    1) traveling (train, bus, car, plane)
    2) Lodging (hotel, motel, friends place, hostel)
    3) Food
    4) Touristy expense and shopping

Traveling:-- Where in USA are you planning on checking out. Just NYC or east to west coast? USA is a big country and you need to decide how far you will go & That will determine your expensve

In EUro what countries are you planning on checking out.  You can travel by train (ICI) in Euro easily but some of thouse cross country trips are over 100 Euro.  You need to determine your location

Lodgin: staying at your friends in Germany will & save you money if you are planning on only checking on Germany. But if you plan on going to France and Switzerland...etc you will need to find accomindation there. Staying in NYC will be similar in expense to hotel in Euro I would say

Food: staying at friends might save u few meal but it will be simlar cost. Europe is slightly more expensive than USA

1 person likes this.
  3. AlicaHorsfall

AlicaHorsfall New IL'ite

Your trip cost is depend on how you want to travel and how much time you are going to stay in Germany, you are right the accommodation is quite expensive but other travelling expense matters too.