1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to givw fruits for kids

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Sujimallige, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends,

I need help with few doubts:

1) How to give apple to 18 mons old.Do u boil and mash them or give raw

2) How to give berries like strawberry,blueberry,raspberry.I have seen a few kids eat them raw at grocery stores but my dd is not.So do i make fruit juice and give her.Should i add sugar to that juice as sometimes berries are sour

3) When to start citrus fruit like orange.

Pls help me out as i am having terrible time feeding my daughter.She spits out everything i put into her mouth.Everyday has become a challenge.Fruits are like struggle game.

Thank you all.

suji

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suji

How areyou doing? Its been long right:)

Hey now my daughter is at the end of 22months, she chew apple bits, strawberry,watermelon, even then i sometimes should tell her chew it well and eat repeatedly or else she doesn't chew well,try to swallowand throwout.

At 18months, i give her onand off Gerber fruits, as well chop fruits into tiny bits and give her to chew, sometimes i give plastic fork and fruits in bowl, that way they try to eat few.

Regarding adding sugar to juice, mysuggestion would be please don't add, as much as possible try to give plain as it has natural sugar already.

After trying all if you feel still her fruit intake is less, try to mashed &mix with yoghurt ,feed her. Fruits like strawberry,blueberry, banana suits very well for this yoghurt mix, Mash fruits in mixie, add 2-3scoops of yoghurt in bowl,mix the mixture.Apart from this i love even fruit smoothes, add mashed milkand fruits, give her in stray kind of sippycup to make it interesting.

All the best.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  3. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Thanks usha for the reply.

I am doing ok,dd is getting out of control.Dont know where i am going wrong.Every body tells me that it is my mistake that she has tantrums!!?? I am not sure.

Shall try to give her juice and let me see how it goes.
    Hope sathwika is doing fine.
    Take care,

suji