1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Get Rid Of This Habit In My Toddler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by blackbeauty84, Jul 4, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

My Toddler boy is playing with his private parts since last one month. I thought it's a phase. But he is exhibiting his private parts outside his trousers/pants or always playing with it. We tried explaining him, layered him with clothes in that area. It doesn't seem to work. Any reason why he is doing the same? He developed this habit when I started potty training him. I'm not sure whether it's related.

He is completely in chaddis and doesn't have any skin problems in that area. Any tips on getting rid of that habit will be helpful.

Umanga likes this.

2. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

I think it's normal. They are exploring. My boy used to do the same but it went away eventually. Subtly keep reminding not to do it. But don't make an issue out of it.

sindmani and Umanga like this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

My son did it too, but it went away. It's one of their many exploring phases. But I kept reminding him not to do it every single time, sometimes more stern than the other and maybe even one tap on his hand too. It's our persistence that will matter. It completely stopped in a while.

As they age, their curiosity will too, be ready with your kid friendly answers and to handle anything the right way. If we react too loud or too weird, they get way too curious.

4. blackbeauty84

Thanks aspha. He is going to play group and they are telling us to find a way to stop it.

5. blackbeauty84

Thanks ashneys. I really hope this stops soon.
    He is yet to speak complete sentence, so I have time to think of kid friendly answers :)