How to get rid of Stretch Marks and the Tummy

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by HelpMe, Sep 7, 2009.

1. HelpMe

HelpMe New IL'ite

As a result of my pregnancy I have stretch marks and a tummy that I desperately want to lose.

I have been using Coco butter for the stretch marks but they dont seem to help much - any advice from experience would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have lost most of my pregnancy weight, still have about 7 pounds to go ( I gained 50 pounds) but I hate my belly its not flat the 7 pounds that are left are all right there. It looks like I am still about 4 months pregnant. How do I get rid of it? Any advice/ experiences greatly appreciated.

2. sailingboat

sailingboat Senior IL'ite

It will take a while to reduce the baby weight. Breast feeding helps a lot in reducing tummy. After 6 weeks of delivery you can start doing mild tummy exercises. If you have c-section, ask your gynec when you can start exercising. For stretch marks, they will fade away after many months, even then, they may not go away entirely. All the best.

3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Stretch marks in tummy

Dear LAdies,

I delivered boy baby a month back. Am seeing a lot fo stretch marks all over my tummy area. Let me know what to do for those??

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

5. AnithaPartha

Re: Stretch marks in tummy

DEar Vasumathy,

Yes I checked it now. But ladies are discussing about avoiding marks if cream applied during pregnancy..

To say, I didnt have any sort of itching that time and did not apply any cream during preg days..

Please advice !

6. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Congrats on your baby boy. We both delivered on the same day :). I too have the stretch mark problem. This is wat i am doing daily, mix turmeric powder in coconut oil and make it like a paste, apply into in your tummy. Leave it for 15- 20 minutes and then take bath. While taking bath (at the end) again apply turmeric (i have the turmeric bar which we call it as 'Kezhanghu manjal' )in the tummy area. Almost 50% of the marks is clear now. It may spoil your dress but i would be wearing some old nighties for say 1 hr and then i apply vitamin E cream and switch to my dress, but this may the turmeric wont stick ur dress.

7. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi padmini

thats a nice tip..can we follow the same for delivery through C-section also..will it create any problem for the stiches..kindly advise as me too having lot of stretch marks and delivered through C-section.

Also is this same as "Kasturi Manjal"

Rgds

8. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

hello, i had twins 3.5 years back. all these days i was really busy with these two so had no time to take care of myself.

Now i see that there are many stretch marks in my tummy. i see that all of you have delivered just now. but my stretch marks are very old. so what should i do now.

9. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hi Roopa,

Even i delivered through C section, make sure you are not applying it over the stitches area until it is completely healed. Currently i am not applying over the stitches area because i still have the prickling pain. Yes it is 'Kasturi Manjal'. You can mix kasturi manjal with gopuram poosu manjal and apply.

10. AnithaPartha

Hi Padmini,

Kool :) that we both delivered on the same day. What time your LO was born on 28th Nov?

Thnx for tips dear.. One question - What is that vit E cream? I have J & J moisturizer for dry skin.. can I use that? :idea. I know dress will get spoiled & also water tub:bonk