1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

how to get rid of lizards at home plz help..

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by srith, Apr 26, 2012.

1. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Thanks to all for the suggestions...

Please tell me how to confirm that lizards/cockroaches have gone out of house, after spraying repellents... I don't want them to travel anywhere inside, I mean from kitchen to room...How do I ensure this???

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bhagi, nothing works other than killing the lizard, which we don't. i recently sprayed hit on a lizard, and it was just drowsy for say half an hour and then started moving around.

a neighbour aunty is so scared of lizards and cockroach that they kill the lizard once they spot..nothing else works fool proof..atleast from what i have seen.

tried droning them with sound, peacock feather, camphor..

looks like ants, lizards,cockroach and mosquitoes are becoming more resistant..

3. englishtutorjul

englishtutorjul Silver IL'ite

egg shells at various corners of the house is believed to do the trick.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My parents home in Chennai has the same problem. They have Netlon on all the windows and doors and are very careful about keeping everything closed. They also hire a person to do pest control every few months, and the lizards get chased out and stay away for a while. Recently the house was painted and the smell has helped in keeping them out. They still have one stubborn lizard which lives behind the fridge and keeps moving around.
    It is an ongoing process though, which needs to be repeated every couple of months. My mom said the peacock feathers etc had no effect.