1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

how to get rid of lizards at home plz help..

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by srith, Apr 26, 2012.

1. rashmii

rashmii Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    Keep peacock feathers to drive lizards.
    Also you can keep camphor ( which is used to do harti to Gods) drives away lizards because of the strong smell.

regards

1 person likes this.
  2. decentreader

decentreader Silver IL'ite

thanks for ur tips gils but how to put camphor? i will also try the egg shell tips coz i also affraid of them and there are many in my kitchen
    ,summer is permanent time of tension for me

3. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

thanks for those tips.

4. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Only netlon screen prevents flies / insects / lizards from entering through the windows / chimney holes. Doors can be kept closed whenever not used. This would maximum prevent lizards from coming inside.

5. RadhikaSundaram

RadhikaSundaram New IL'ite

vasambu is licorice--used in infant medicines at home-u can get it in small shops which keep these home medicine ingredients

6. Annasri

Annasri Silver IL'ite

I use to spray cockroach spray in those places where I see the lizard,most of the time lizards will stick to the same place so when I c the place where they stand next day morning I spray the cok spray and then I sealed all windows with netlon and closed even the sides of tube light with thermocole .if u hve cockroaches then lizard will come to eat coal so first c how to get rid of ck and mosquitoes .and I put lines with the ant pencil wherever I c the way lizard standing,these all work I do in the morning r before going to bed

7. anupandit

anupandit New IL'ite

Egg shells really works good.. I tried ..

8. pushpaprashanth

pushpaprashanth Senior IL'ite

Dear all,

I just moved to Singapore and moved to a new house in Senkang area. 1 week was fine, but then all of a sudden, I am starting to notice lizards especillay in my kitchen and office room. I am so scared of the lizards and everytime I see one, my mood is off. Husband always come to rescue. So much so that even I see one, I can no longer cook in the kitchen.

Please help me how can I get rid of them. My ex owner told me since the house was locked for a month, that cud be the reason. I have thoroughly checked, there are no roaches in the house. I have scanned every corner. Yesterday I boiled some lemongrass and sprayed everywhere in the house and also placed bid sprigs of LG everywhere. Today will buy those traps from NTUC. Other then these, any other suggestions? Thanks all

9. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

peacock feathers!! place them or stick them to wall where they frequently arrive... I never tried this, but my frnd did and she said it worked. I tried the egg shell thing and it really works like a charm!

10. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Lizards are so frustrating!!! Pleaseeee help me....

Dear Friends,

I just screamed out sometime back seeing a lizard running on my bed, when I intended to change the bed spread... I simply cant tolerate them on walls, and seeing them on bed or cupboards, I feel like running out of my house itself...

Past few days, the no. of lizards in my house has increased a lot, I don't understand how... We stay at fourth floor and its too ventilated, so my house gets dusty very easily.... Literally everyday I sweep the house twice and mop using lizol mixed with camphor... I tried using camphor, peacock feathers, everything... But no use, I don't find a difference...

If someone faced a similar problem and used some effective methods and succeeded in it, pleaseeeee suggest the same... I some how want to clear this immediately, cant imagine using anything at home at all... literally crying, because reptiles, especially lizards are my biggest weakness...

My own parents/relatives/friends make fun of me and ask me not to mind it or take it light, but I simply cant do that...
    I would be too grateful if someone could help me get out of this worry! :bowdown