1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of head lice

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by preeyamom, May 20, 2008.

1. Deepi

Deepi Senior IL'ite

In India you will get it in any pharmacy. But I dont know in your place. Sorry :hide:

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies,

My daughter has this as a perinniel problem. This is the remedy I have tried for and it is 100% safe and foolproof.

Warm a little coconut oil and add few drops of Ecualyptus oil (nilgiri oil). Massage into your head and soak for minimum 30 min. While soaking do remove all the bigger lice with a comb. After that shampoo your hair. This can be repeated one a week or twice according to the infestation. Slowly the nits will also die.

First I was using Mediker but I found that her infestation was becoming more rather than decreasing, then my parlour friend suggested this and I use on her every sunday as a precaution as she goes to school.

3. preeyamom

preeyamom New IL'ite

Thanks Lalitha. This is an excellent method which I never heard before.

4. vijeta

vijeta Senior IL'ite

hai,
    if you get neem leaves in your country , you grind it like a paste and apply on your head leave it for 1/2 hour. then rinse it with any shampoo. repeat it every week till one month. u will get good result in this treatment it harmless and it has no side effects.

5. vidhya25

vidhya25 Senior IL'ite

even i have this problem of lice , i could find many interesting and useful tips in this section , thanks to everyone who contributed. i going to try few tips n let u all know the results

6. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Perlice..i think is available in India..is great ,a medical miracle in eradicating lice.. Big LaughBig LaughFor few lice..one wash is enough..No home remedies worked for me ..when i was in school.This came handy.

7. devi_kulo

devi_kulo New IL'ite

Hi,
    You can try with Tulsi leaves, make tulsi leaves paste apply under u r hair leave 1hour then rinse ur hair.i hear that when you rinsing, all the lice are come out in water, try this let me know, how it will works.
    thanks
    devi.

8. NausheenM

NausheenM New IL'ite

You may apply pure neem oil mixed with warm Coconut oil, twice-thirce a week for one month. After few hours of putting oil, comb your hair well with a fine theeth comb. It should work.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  9. Dhanya_Sobha

Dhanya_Sobha New IL'ite

You can try a lotion called perlice. Try that. I used it only once and all my lice vanished. Such a great lotion. If you have more may be you can use it twice.
    Max of two usages are more than enough.

10. bubulgudia

bubulgudia New IL'ite

you can try a price less treatment. u bring a banana leaf which is dried in the tree and just burn it and smash the ash in water to make a paste . put the paste on scalp and hair.lice will go out complety. it is also good for dandruff treatment.