how to get normal delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sankasailaja, Oct 23, 2007.

1. amar_priya

amar_priya Senior IL'ite

Re: normal delivery

Thanks Krithika and Deepa for your time. I wish I knew all this information then. As you mentioned about preconception, I would not have taken any risk.

What is the normal level of sugar in Glucose - SPOT test?

2. krsri79

krsri79 Senior IL'ite

Re: normal delivery

Hi as far as i know, walking is the best excercise. U can continue that. And all these does not decide about the kind of delivery. It depends on the weight of the baby, the position of the baby etc. So dont worry. Pray God for a normal delivery and everything will be good.:thumbsup. Always try to hear good songs,slokas etc. This will help u to have good peace of mind. Congrats in advance.

3. Vasuk

Vasuk New IL'ite

Tips for easy Delivery and Labour.

Hi All ,

I am 6 months pregnant. I am NOT at all intrested in C-Section.
    Can anyone suggest me some easy tips and suggestions for normal delivery?
    This is my first baby..
    Pls..
    Thanks..

Vasuk..

4. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Re: Tips for easy Delivery and Labour.

Hi Vasuk,
    Congrats and good luck with ur preg. some tips which i followed and you might have already known, eat healthy food, no stress, drink lots of water, fruits etc. limit sweet foods.
    good exercise is a must. you can go for lamaze class or any other classes like bradley natural birth, hypnobirthing etc.
    In the last 2months it is better to sit down, do exercises like pelvic tilt, tailor pose etc.

during delivery if u dont want to take epidural, you can practice relaxation techniques, listen to music, stay in shower, the warm water helps with pain, or sit in jacuzzi if ur hospital /doc allows.
    I delivered last week and most of the contractions i was at home,walking and listening to music and trying to do light housework so i will be distracted, then when contractions was severe we went to hospital and there too i requested to stay in shower until i had the urge to push.
    If you plan to take epidural, dont take it too early. when ur contractions start try to walk around or sit rather than lying down, this will speed up the delivery.

Chaaral

PoornishaB and jyothishri like this.
  5. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi chaaral,

those were very nice tips..thanks for sharing...need one more clarification..

you have mentioned regarding exercises like pelvic tilt, tailor pose etc..are you referring to kegel exercises...if any illustrations available for these exercises request you to pls share the same...

thanks very much..:thumbsup

6. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for the wonderful tips Chaaral will have to check my hospital for Jacuzzi.

7. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Roopa,
    Four exercises to ease aches and help with labor | BabyCenter
    Kegels is diff, which is also very good. tailor pose is indian style, how we regularly sit down. the link has good explanation. pelvic tilt was very helpful for me when i had back pain, or baby in uncomfortable position etc.

some good sites to read for more info :
    About Spinning Babies

Optimum Foetal Positioning

Now a days there are many c sec due to breech, or baby not in head down position. or prolonged labour etc. the head down position is important and also in which way the baby is : occiput anterior which is the best. the above links are very helpful in understanding the baby position for easy labour.
    there are lots of tips to how to turn a breech baby too, will post it later, doc usually tell the baby is breech and only option is c sec, but we can try a lot of methods to turn the baby and try for normal delivery.
    Hope these links are useful.

PoornishaB and jyothishri like this.
  8. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi chaaral,

thanks so much..they are very useful links..will surely try them..hope you n your baby are doing fine..:thumbsuptake care and do keep posting additional tips..:)

9. Vasuk

Vasuk New IL'ite

Hi Chaaral.
    Thanks a lot for yours tips..
    The links are also very informative.

I wish I could get success.

Thanks again..
    Vasuk

10. ramyasrini8

ramyasrini8 Silver IL'ite

1 person likes this.