how to get normal delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sankasailaja, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Gindus

Gindus New IL'ite

Exercises for normal delivery

Hi All Ladies,

In order to have normal delivery either with or without epidural. Is anyone planning to do any specific exercises like squatting or any other patterns to facilitate normal delivery ?

Especially from 36 or 37 week ?

Thanks
    Gindus

2. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Re: Exercises for normal delivery

Check with your physician, and if I may recommend a nice book, try one called "Better Birth" (Denise Spatafora)... had a bunch of info about all these aspects of birth plans.

3. wadhwaswaran

wadhwaswaran New IL'ite

:)Hi !
    In order to have normal delivery you should join prenatal Lamaze classes.
    During 6 sessions they teach exercises ,breathing techniques,and comfort measures.Labour how it begins,what is labour pain when to go to hospital and many more things .At the end of coarse every thing is clear.
    The very important thing is do not go to hospital very soon.If you go hospital early either labour is slowed.or as per hospital trends intervention begins.
    When labour begins there are certain signs which are taught in class ,follow them.Remain in touch with caregiver or midwife.Start timing contractions.In early labour contractions are coming after long time and last very short.With passage of time contractions come early last longer.These things are taught in class.When contractions are coming every 5 minute last for 1 minute and for 1 hour this is happening,this is right time to go to hospital.
    This is how to get normal delivery.
    Dr.Swaran Wadhwa M.B.B.S.D.G.O.Dip CBe Lamaze member Childbirth international educator.

1 person likes this.
  4. hansinimom

hansinimom New IL'ite

Hi All,

Normal delivery is based on the following things. They are,
    1. Baby's position
    2. Baby's heart rate
    3. Baby should not go motion during delivery

If the above things are ok you'll get normal delivery.

Also you should be more careful in your food system.

Note: Walking, doing house works ( like sweeping the floor, cleaning the vessels and etc.) will not help you to get normal delivery.

I had a normal delivery:). I posted this based on my experience.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
    pinkydarling likes this.
  5. shre

shre New IL'ite

Hi
    For normal delivery one need to do daily some simple exercise (Kegels, Breathing, Yoga), walking.
    I would specially recommend visualisation & affirmation as an important part of preparation for delivery.
    This helped me a lot & made my child birth very memorable.

6. bhuvana8919

bhuvana8919 New IL'ite

Most expecting moms are anxious about child birth and labor pain and it is more in case of first timers. Though normal delivery is little painful, it is the best way for delivery as it is natural. A C-section can be avoided with proper diet and exercise. All moms wish is to give birth to a healthy baby through the natural way. Here are few tips that help you have a happy pregnancy and a normal delivery.

Raise Up Buddy: Expecting Moms To Ensure Normal Delivery

7. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

There is no cook book recipe to have a normal delivery. But yes some very simple tips to follow.

Eat right eat healthy to avoid putting on excessive weight and especially the baby getting overweight.

Eat right exercise moderately stay active within your physical limits so that you have a healthy lifestyle and don't develop gestational diabetes in the due course of the pregnancy. That leads to a condition called microcephaly that means an enlarged head which may be difficult to pass through the mother’s birth canal during labor.

Get informed about labor what to expect be aware and confident so you are mentally prepared for the process. Learning breathing techniques regular walks and exercises building your physical mental stamina for this process is very very essential. Be informed about the pain relief method and choices you have available.

Trust in yourself and the whole journey of life and destiny. Stay positive.

God Bless you…