1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to get my baby to drink milk from bottle. Plz help.

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by friend, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Suki - what kind of sipper have you tried? Ones with valves have always been a big no-no for my DS. I hd to buy a valveless sipper before he began driniking from it. Once they get the drinkng from an ordinary spout sipper then a straw sipper is the next step. But for things like milk I dont like the straw cup because I dont think it can be cleaned properly. So I would suggest - get a valve-less sipper (Hello Baby makes them in India) and give a little milk/juice to her and let her drink on her own. Be preapred for spills initially - maybe even try it in the bathroom the first few times! - but at 17 mnths she should definitely be able to do it on her own - no semi-reclining position or anything - either sitting down or even standing up if thats what she prefers.

V.

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Suki, I would go with sippy cup too. Riya liked the ones with valves though and still does. Valves help the flow of the liquid to slow down. If you plan on buying a sippy cup, see if you can find one with a removable valve, that way you can try both ways and see what suits your daughter better.

Raj

3. SukiKumaran

SukiKumaran Senior IL'ite

Vanathi and Raj
    She doesnt like liquids at all.
    But she is good with straw cups for water(only when thirsty but not after meals) only. Must try with sippy cups and c.
    For other liquids i should force feed her in semi-reclining position.
    How to make her get interested in liquids.bonk

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Have you tried milk shakes (fruit + milk)? Or even smoothies (curd + fruit)? If that fails then try adding milk to her diet - as curd/cheese etc. And try milk after a month or two.

V.

5. SukiKumaran

SukiKumaran Senior IL'ite

Vanathi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I hvnt tried milkshakes or smoothies yet. Will try and let u know.But she takes curd plain or with rice.

6. friend

friend New IL'ite

Hi Il's

Thanks a lot for all your response. The good news is, my daughter is drinking from the bottle from past 4 days. The trick was, i introduced a Pacifier, of the same brand as her bottle, and ofcourse babies love pacifiers, so now she likes the bottle nipple as well.
    Phew what a relief... :thumbsup

Thanks to all.

7. shalsimha

shalsimha New IL'ite

Hi,
    Even I am facing the same pbm - my 5 month old does not like bottle. I got the idea of sipper form this thread. My mom is giving her enfamil in a sipper. I am little nervous about this. But is it not very early for her to use sipper?
    My paed is not OK with pacifier.