1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to Get Authentic Indian Hair Oils to the U.S?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sunshine9255, Jan 11, 2015.

1. sunshine9255

sunshine9255 New IL'ite

Namaste everyone,

I live in the U.S and am in need of various Indian herbal oils. I have tried the ones at my local Indian store( Dabur, Vatika etc) and I have found that they are all not good quality. They either make my hair drop a lot or heat up my scalp.

I have heard that
    Kottakal AyurvedaSala sells good hair oils, but I don't know how the vendors will get them here . . .because all of my relations that go to India complain A LOT about all of the ridiculous restrictions through customs . . .which restriction is true or not I don't know.
    Other people tell me, yes they can deliver but it will take up to a month and the shipping fees( like $45 for 3 small bottles of oil) are too much.

Does anyone know of any other courier service( a good authentic one) that will deliver ayurvedic products within a reasonable amount of time?

I am very desperate for these oils so your help would be much appreciated!

Regards,
    Charu

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Charu - Welcome to IL. I generally bring the Kotakkal oils in my check in bags. I carry as much as I can and when I run out I user Dabur Amla from the Indian store or just plain coconut oil until I travel again. I've never tried the couriers though, I'm sure the $45 you quoted is the standard rate for shipment. I do know regular couriers don't ship oils because of the fire hazard, kotakkal probably uses a special courier service and hence the fees.