1. Hottest Summer Days around India - Beat the Heat with these Smoothies and Summer Cooler Recipes
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Summer Activities for Kids in U.S. Checkout New and Interesting Ideas Kids will Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Take the 100 Days Positivity Challenge : Join Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to get a job in UK/USA from india?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by vijayals, Jun 7, 2010.

1. vijayals

vijayals Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Very gud mrng!
    I have many questions reg the work.
    Can I get a job in UK/USA from india? which career portals or consultancies are the best ones ? Is it possible to get jobs in companies who will process visa and bear air fare from their side? I have done PG in IT Which companies I should look for and how?

Kindly drop your suggestion/experience,as it will be helpful to me to a great extent !!!
    Thanks in advance!

2. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Hi!!!

I am replying to give you info about US. I do not know about UK jobs much.

If only applying and getting jobs were easy for non-citizens in US:)...

It is pretty hard to get jobs in US through consultancies now. Many of their visa applications get rejected. Depending on your education/work ex you could try uploading your CV in job portals like monster.com and dice.com for U.S jobs. Alternately, you could try for onsite oppurtunities from companies in India too.
    I do not have any info on consultancies. You could try browsing the H1b forums of this website. You may find some info there.

I think for UK you will need to apply for HSMP visa. Check the pre requisites for it(I dont think you need a job forst unlike US visa). then, you could go to UK and search jobs once your visa is approved.

Good Luck.