How to get a job in India??

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by jasmin20, Dec 26, 2011.

1. jasmin20

jasmin20 New IL'ite

Orion

Thanks for your words!! My husband is telling the same as u adviced...to take a break and spend time with my son...

I really dont know anybody here who got selected through VC or telephonic...2 guys just changed their job but they personally went to India (in annual leave) and appeared interview, got offer..

In my case its not possible..My home town is in a state where no/few s/w jobs are there...again this telephonic stuff will come...those guys are from Delhi..so it was easy for them..

1 more idea is coming to my mind...though i am experienced, till now i have not done any certification in software testing...so just thinking of preparing/appearing for those exams so that it will be good for my career..

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

That is a very good idea.. This way you can showcase both your certification and your attitude that even though you are on break you worked to improve your knowledge. Will be a definite plus for you.

1 person likes this.
  3. jasmin20

jasmin20 New IL'ite

Orion

Yes true!!

I am completely new to these certification exams...Just started going through the patterns/examples etc from different sites...

Can u give me some more idea about this?
    Now a days some employers are asking for Certified People only...so this will help..

4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

There are 2 major organizations whose certifications are well recognized in India: QAI and ISTQB. Both offer different kinds of certifications at different levels. You can find more information in the below links.

Software Certifications ~ Certified Software Tester (CSTE) There are more certifications on the left-hand side of the page. Go through them and decide which is best for you.

Certification - ISTQB -*ISTQB There are different levels of certification: foundation, advanced and expert. You can choose the certifications based on your exp and comfort level.

I completed my CSTE certification in 2006 when i was looking to restart my career after a 9 month break. This certification gave me an advantage because at that time not many took this certification.

1 person likes this.
  5. jasmin20

jasmin20 New IL'ite

Orion

Thanks for the valuable information....
    I got enough idea after going through those sites...