1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to fall asleep immediately?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by vidukarth, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

My sleeping prescription is as follows:

1) Take an early dinner no later than 6 or 7 p.m. It may be hard for those work into late in the evening especially women who work and then come back and prepare dinner for themselves and family.

2) Definitely take a hot shower before going to sleep

3) It is lack of Melatonin in our body that causes lack of sleep. There are some natural Melatonin pills that are sleep inducers but do not have habit forming effect. This is optional and needed only if others do not work.

4) I tried an audio of water falls, rain droplets, ocean sound, a new born baby making sound and playing by moving hands and kicking legs, etc. which are great sleep inducers. Listen to that for nearly 15 minutes and sleep will come very quickly. It has a calming effect on the mind.

5) I also tried reading some spiritual books and great stories with happy ending. This calms down my mind and takes me away from day to day issues. If the spiritual lessons are hard to understand, at least, it makes me yawn and go to sleep immediately

6) Lastly, introspection of everything that happened on that day. There are several happenings of the day that prevents me from going to sleep as my mind is agitated. If I take one at a time and make a convincing argument in the mind that it should be dropped out of my mind, the thought goes away calming the mind. it is the immediate past issues that causes more sleeplessness than the past.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  2. rohini79

rohini79 Senior IL'ite

hi there,

apart from taking bath at bedtime you can also try some relaxtion techniques which will help you to reduce your stress n help u to get avery good night sleep
    start concentrating on your small joints to large joints progressively
    concentrate on your breathing
    try yog nidra
    make sure that yorur bed is comfortable and room is dark so easy for going in sleep .
    take easy naps in the afernoon which really restore your energy
    fix time for going in n out of bed even on weekends.

hope all these tips will help you definately
    tc

1 person likes this.
  3. jayavk

jayavk Senior IL'ite

hi,
    Hope you tried the hot shower, but if you cant do that try warm milk with honey ( no sugar ) and a pinch of nutmeg.

1 person likes this.
  4. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Switch off all the lights and your music system. Now close your eyes and count in your mind from 100-1( reverse order) slowly. By the time i count 50, I would have fallen asleep.

2 people like this.
  5. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Here is my trick.As soon as I hit the bed, I close my eyes and I start counting numbers from 1....I also try to consciously relax each and every part of my body as I count. This works wonders for me.

Sirisha

2 people like this.
  6. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all for such great responses. I tried drinking warm milk, and some slokas and counting techniques. That helped quiet a bit. Waking up early also made me tired and that was helpful, need to stick on to that.
    I am planning to try the waterfalls, rain droplets and baby kicking music in audio. Planning to buy that as that will be good for making my 3 year old to sleep on her own.

Thanks again.

7. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

nice discussionnnnnnnnnnn

8. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

ya frnd even i tried it once or twice....it helps

9. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Really....i try this....

10. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite