1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to fall asleep immediately?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by vidukarth, Feb 2, 2012.

1. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Even I too had such issues earlier..
    But I tried to listen my old melodies, and I cud get fast sleep nowadays....
    thanks all for your ideas.
    Regards

1 person likes this.
  2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

1. listen to some soft music. i said 'listen' and not 'hear'. so devote your concentration to the music.
    2. Read good books and try to analyze it after turning off the light.
    3. try reciting lengthy slokams that you know. Vishnu sahasranamam or hanuman chalisa or kandha sashti kavasam. I place a bet that you would have slept before you complete the slogam, for sure!!
    4. If some other thoughts are popping up, just brush it aside and say 'This thought is just going to make me sad. let me not think of it. I will remember it later' and divert your mind to something sweet or past experience which brought a smile on you
    5. Dont mistake me.. but have regular physical interactions with your DH. this boosts up your energy and for that moment, you will feel very drowsy.
    6. try drinking Cold milk. Take care while trying shower - it may sometime freshen you
    7. for two days try waking up at 5 am instead of 6. that will give you an hour to be compensated in the evening that you will fall asleep
    8. Eat balanced food. avoid tea/ coffee post 3 PM

all the BEST!

1 person likes this.
  3. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Dear tuffyshri,

Thanks, I have tried the below thing in the past and I 100% agree to it. Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions.

3. try reciting lengthy slokams that you know. Vishnu sahasranamam or hanuman chalisa or kandha sashti kavasam. I place a bet that you would have slept before you complete the slogam, for sure!!

4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

liked your picture :) very nice

1 person likes this.
  5. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

i love to hear songs before bed..i fall sleep immediately.... set timer for the player and sleep...

6. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the liking tuffy :)

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

My practices are
    1. above mentioned by Tuffyshri
    2. Dont even have to recite slokas, just chant sriramajayam, om sairam, whatever is your preference you will surely drowse out soon...
    3. Get up an hour early than your usual it also helps ( makes you tired quickly)
    4. Pray to your Guru and place a packet of Udhi (Vibhoothi) under your pillow, you will sleep just hitting your bed.

Try your luck and keep us posted

2 people like this.
  8. benlo

benlo New IL'ite

Read most boring stuff that's the quickest way to fall asleep, I have tried and it does work

9. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Your day is a full-packed day with many things to do. When its bedtime, try to switch off your mind from the day's thoughts and activities and tell yuorself to relax thats all.

Reading at bedtime helps many people. Try that.
    A glass of warm milk soothes the tired mind.
    Cut down on caffeine and tea late evenings.
    Do not eat a heavy meal and also avoid sweets as sugar will kick up the energy levels and your sleep will vanish.
    Try to meditate for a while when you get into bed...by this, I mean...take a few deep breaths, inhale and exhale.

And yes, keep the lights dim at bedtime and avoid too much television.
    SWEET DREAMS dear ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

1 person likes this.
  10. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

I also have similar lifestyle, and not able to catch up on sleep in the night. I get sleep in early mornings and find difficult to get up. Now I follow below method, try out.

• Stop drinking coffee/tea/caffeine drinks after 5 pm.
    • Dont drink any milk stuff. If you drink milk at night, you will gain weight.
    • Try to have early dinner max by 7:30PM, but definitely not later than 8 PM.
    • Close the curtain and allow no light and sound.
    • You need some Relaxation Therapy. For this once you are on bed, try to stretch your legs and hands to the maximum possible length by legs and heads tightening the skin, remain for 5 minutes and release. Do this for 5 times. Then lie on your back closing the eyes concentrating / thinking on each of your body part and nothing else in mind.
    • This relaxation therapy works very well and your body is de-stressed.
    • Then take the day's newspaper and try to count the number of 'a' or 'e' in each column.
    • I think by now you will be on your sweet dreamsChillout!Chillout!Chillout!.
    Good luck.

Best Regards
    Shanti

1 person likes this.