1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to fall asleep immediately?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by vidukarth, Feb 2, 2012.

1. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I have always been a late sleeper. But these days I try to hit the bed maximum by 11:00 pm or 11:15 pm. But I keep thinking about something or the other and unable to sleep until 1:30 pm or so and then eventually sleep. My day starts like 6:30 am or 7 am, cooking, packing lunch, getting dd ready and then leave for work. I come home around 6:15 pm and then again another round of cleaning , feeding starts. Please suggest tips for getting good sleep. I really need it, because i feel very tired during the day.

2 people like this.

2. bunchofroses

bunchofroses Bronze IL'ite

I have a similar problem. But for last couple of months its better. I read for some time sitting on the bed that makes me drowsy and I immediately switch of the light ans sleep :)

1 person likes this.
  3. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi,
    try a hot shower half an hour before u plan to sleep. try to have half glass of warm milk before the same time. it really helps

2 people like this.
  4. vidukarth

bunchofroses, so am not alone :)

navis, thanks, I was thinking about the hot shower, will try from today..

5. Chailover

Chailover Junior IL'ite

Hot shower and reading in bed really helped me also. Hope that will work.

1 person likes this.
  6. vidukarth

sure, thanks chailover.. will try

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Vidukarth

did you try hot shower? did it work for you? Never keep any thoughts or become excited about a work you planned for tomorrow. these thins make you feel restless hence you are not getting proper sleep at proper time.

here are more tips for getting an early and sound sleep

A nice brisk and good work out / walking helps you feel sleepy earlier than your regular bed time. You will get sound sleep and good rest too.

Drinking Warm milk at bed time helps

Listening to lullaby kind of melodious songs (your favourite ones) help you to sleep (set the timer)

as bunchofroses said, reading also helps.

3 people like this.
  8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

When my kids dont sleep, i usually ask them to close their eyes and imagine themselves in a dark room (should not deviate at all) and not open the eyes until morning. It works for them. Try that.

Another reason for not getting sleep could be stress. First try to reduce any kind of stress and you will automatically sleep.

1 person likes this.
  9. vidukarth

mimur,

thanks for the responses, yeah i think i should do some workout, but never get time in the evening as i come home at 6 pm and then have to take care of my 3 year old and goes on till 9:30 pm or so.. may be i should try to squeeze sometime to do workout
    thanks for your valuable suggestions.

10. vidukarth

dear pman,

thanks, i will try that too, but i have very poor concentration and would start thinking of something else, what you have said is 100% correct, it is mainly stress., my DD has been sick for 3.5 months with sinus infection. tomorrow am going to ENT and a little anxious and also worried about that on what the doctor might say.. i hope everything goes well without any complications.. thanks for your time to give me suggestions.