How To Face

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by wings2010, Feb 20, 2018.

1. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I am well educated and very good technically. But socially am lil go aside type. I am brought up in village,somehow managed these many years .But now here in apartment they are celebrating special days. I am tensed to participate. My son 8 years interested and wanted me to participate. I feel something to play games,sing or dance. As well I am afraid my son would lose.other ladies may bully or comment later. My husband also same like me. How to come over ...help me friends.

I am not sure this is right place to post this. Kindly bare me

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Start by not worrying about what others think. Prepare ahead about what you will talk about. Don’t have to talk too much, basic courtesy and then focus on having fun with your child. Keep attending these events and very soon you will dread them less.

wings2010 and sindmani like this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

It is good that your son is interested in participating. Encourage him by going along with him to the event. Do not show him your anxieties. As u have not been socially active earlier , your hesitation is natural. Do not get tensed , just relax and go with positive mind that you and your son would enjoy the occasion. There is nothing wrong even if your son loses in games etc as u anticipate as long as he enjoys being there. Do not think of others opinions/ talk etc - that is of least importance, if u want to have a socially active life and be a model for your son too. All the best.

Sandycandy, wings2010 and sindmani like this.
  4. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

All human minds and trndencten are just the same basically..So it doesn't matter if you are from village or city.Just be cordial and soon you will have friends.

Dont let your son know about your fears or hesitation.He may cling to them since he is a kid and he will also have same issues in future..

Sandycandy and wings2010 like this.
  5. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Attend the event and then think what u should do or improve .if u don't attend u will never know..just be happy and play with ur kid ..

And abt the ppl they will talk if u r good or bad .. if u fit in or not..don't pay much attention..just take good out from there ..
    Kuch tho log kahainge logon ka jam hain kahaina...

6. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

The first thing that come to mind is what to wear. Don't be too loud and wear something simple and look pretty. Do very light makeup.
    For games first observe what they are doing. If you can easily understand then play otherwise keep observing.
    Encourage your child to participate and do not show any low expression. Show him you are confident of his ability to win the game and don't be low on losing. Encourage him to participate more and win.
    Talk to everyone but try not to over indulge in any discussion.

7. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

8. wings2010

wings2010 Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Thanks for your suggestions and motivations. I love to be in Indus ladies. It's giving hand whenever I need. Thank you all my dears.