1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Engage A Workaholic Husband To Have Some Intimacy

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by AngelNew, Feb 10, 2017.

1. AngelNew

AngelNew Bronze IL'ite

Yes I pray to god that he does that as I miss such thing in my life
    No ma'am they live downstaire and we live of first floor so it is not next to each other
    Ma'am they both are over 65 years old and they both have diabetes so my fil is like all man of the house but he had one heart attack earlier before my marriage so he gets a little agitated but in all he is a good parent and still working so they have fine relation as my mil is of clam in nature so it all balance out
    Ma'am my fil do not interfere in our life my fil said we will not say anything between you two as you all are grown up people deal your problem mutually but unless any major issue come we will help you as much we can

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Good.you are lucky to have good in-laws..I think the problem lies in your husband

AngelNew likes this.
  3. AngelNew

AngelNew Bronze IL'ite

Yay dear they are elder to my own parent by 15 year so even though they do say little bit but I listen to them as I dont want to create a rift and the issue totally is with my husbands mind and not with PIL

Woah I pressed reply once and it made soo many single reply dont know how it became like this

4. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

So tell us the current situation..... after your famous "shimla act"... did hedo IT again?
    I think it has been over 2weeks going by your posts since you both "Shimla-ied" togethr?
    How does he behave otherwise? -Does he touch you often/put arms around you while sitting or talking....?
    Does he try to know about your interests and how was your day etc?
    Does he try to know and understand your needs/dreams/desires ?

AngelNew likes this.
  5. AngelNew

AngelNew Bronze IL'ite

Well he said we did it their and it has been hardly two weeks so we will do it on the weekends and I hope he keeps his promise but still atleast he now give me a kiss when I ask him well from me that is a big improvment in his mindset but still I wish he do more frequently
    Dear this the worst part in my life that he is in home for not more than 3 hours leaving the time for sleep and when he is in the house his mind is in work which spoils the moment even if I try to do for him
    Well as I am a working in a Goverment School as a teacher and I am of the habbit of telling my work activites to him even if he does not ask so he listens but all the time says dont tell me all the thinks you do in your work and he does not take much interest in that. Well he say we will talk all about dreams and desire when we get settled in our own work enviroment and some money to make our dream and when I try to tell he brushes it away like it a some kind of dust

6. pinky2cute

Dear, sex is not some chore to be planned like your husband does. It should be spontaneous, desired and needed by both the spouses. He really has something on his mnd that stops him to get intimate - maybe he thinks if his focus is more on you and sex then he may not be able to focus on his work but you really need to demand him the reason for why not tonight n why sometime later?

There seems no couple bonding between you both. Seriously your husband needs to be told "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". He needs a counselling...and who can be a better counsellor than YOU- the wife herself.
    Please gather all your patience and sit him down and very gently express your every inner desire and feelings to him. He is your soulmate afterall. He married you with promises to be with you and care for you.

Hmmm....lack of communication and emotinal connection is what is preventing the physical intimacy here.

Try to ask him out frequently for dinners or ask him to accompany you for a 10min walk in the night before going to sleep. If he is reluctant, make a puppy face and say "plleeeeeaaassseee". Once he comes out with you... just hold his hand as you both walk along...just try to connect to him emotionally.

Take him for romantic movies...and hold his hand or even rest on his shoulder while watching.... you can do that even in the comfort of your bedroom if you have tv or even on laptop. Just think of the ideas to be as much close to him as possible.

If he is only for 3hrs at home and still is in work mode, don't nag him but gently go kiss him and ask how was his day.... or give him a relaxing head massage and assure him that you will be by his side always and you know how hard he works and how much you appreciate him.

Men don't understand the love language as we do. For them, these simple gestures and constant assurance of support will make them trust us as their companions and will open up to us.

I'm also married for a lil more than a year and even I'm understanding slowly all this. I'm very frank and honest which led to terrible fights and distance among us but now I'm understanding that if we want to change the thinking of husbands, we need a lot of patience and if we show them through our lil gestures that we are with them, they will def turn around and come to us.

Let me kow if this works out for you :)

on a thoughtful note, really I wonder about God's/destiny's choices about our partners and marriage.
    Just take a look at you and me... both are married for an year and both are here regarding marriage prob but on diff levels.

You have lovely non-interfering inlaws and an honest hardworking mature husband but you lack intimacy while I have super irritating inlaws and ahusband who is immature but we have great sex life.

I wish and pray we both have our probs solved and have a great married life ahead.

AngelNew likes this.
  7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

:D Are couples allowed to hold hands in public ? Couldn't this depend entirely on the norms of the town they live in ?

8. AngelNew

AngelNew Bronze IL'ite

Come on Nonya Dear who in the night will come and ask when you have your dh as a lawyer and when your house is right infront of a main street so no issue with that but he needs to atleast try to be happy

9. pinky2cute

lol... i can understand about kissing in public being an issue with moral policing but holding hands too is a taboo? I don't know... me and dh openly hold hands in public... more so in crowded areas.
    My dh even hugs me and say goodbye in public whenever we are leaving [ as we are in distant relationship]

AngelNew likes this.
  10. AngelNew

AngelNew Bronze IL'ite