1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Deal With Incompatibility

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shravs3, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I think that's a good idea. I need to join such groups. Thanks for the suggestion

2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Friends do not have to be indian or like minded for the most part.
    You are in a foreign country at the mercy of a spouse that does not seem to be very flexible. He seems to curb your freedom . Your only choice at keeping your sanity is to find a friend that you can venture out with to give you some sense of freedom. If your only option is a friend that is busy with a child bond with the child. Go for walks when she goes out with the kid. She might slowly give you company for other outings .

I can go on and on with my suggestions but you need to decide what you want to do with your situation. Some flexibility from your side is also needed. You have to work with what life throws at you and make the best of your situation.

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

BTW don't worry too much about compatibility . That is a universal problem.
    Good luck on traveling. I would say it is easier when you don't have kids. Once you have kids you it is more complicated.
    When I go out I start getting phone calls even before I start my car. I sometimes wonder what i did with all my time before kids.

sindmani, Orchid78, ashima10 and 2 others like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes you are right. Thanks for the reply!

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Ok.. You pretend as if you are in agreement with his postponement. Don't nag over it.
    It is very tricky and you really need to be tactful to get what you want in such a situation.

Since he has agreed to visit the place next weekend (Though he may have said it for the sake of it), you still take it as his agreement. So you can go ahead on planning something like reserving tickets, packing the bag, informing others about your weekend plan and if necessary booking the hotels/vehicles as necessary without further consulting with him.
    You may reveal everything a day or two before the actual travel day with so much excitement, as though you have helped him in taking up his responsibilities by organizing everything as per his convenient time.
    Try to pretend so innocent here.
    This is called trap. He can't cancel it as you have already spent some money on reservations. He can't deny the fact that he has already agreed to visit the place and you have done everything based on his agreement only.
    This way, though reluctantly he will have to accompany you to the sight seeing or whatever as planned.

Now it is in your hand to make him like this visit. Ensure there is something that interests him, so that he will happily join you the next time without any hesitation.

sindmani, Rakhii, salad and 5 others like this.
  6. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

U know to drive then take him with u tell him u will drive and he just has to grace his presence..
    If this does not next time remind him that he had promised he would take u out and ask him to keep the word or record it..

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I am still learning driving. So only need to depend on him for everything until I get my DL

8. goldenhoney87

goldenhoney87 Silver IL'ite

Make a deal.
    One weekend he will plan and the other you will plan.
    Start wih your turn first.
    If he postpones your plan then you to do the same .
    But I feel the relation is not about how to trick and deal the other person.Unfortunately we have to do this for trivial pleasures too.
    There will many clubs for different hobbies I feel may be one in your working place too definitely.Be a part of it.
    These type of things will take little time to get sorted.
    His side people have already told you about the laziness.So it doesnt mean he is not interested to take you out.THey just do what is comfortable for them and forget about the rest.you search for a restaurant that is far off near to the place of your choice.So that you can see the place and have food too as per his likes.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    shravs3 likes this.
  9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

So true. I had even suggested such a thing earlier. Problem is he is not willing to drive farther than 5 miles for restaurants or movies . He keeps telling weekends are busy that this. But same thing if he feels like going he will be happy and ready within minutes and force me to get ready even if I’m not interested. And then he tells me that he had taken to those places - when I wasn’t even interested in first place.

He is happy to go for same restaurants again and again . But I get bored!

I like trying new stuff and goto new places but he is hesitant which is the main cause for my disappointments :(

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Wish I can do this !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.