1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Deal This Problem With In-laws?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by zeppelingirl, Oct 4, 2017.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op ,your husband threatens divorce,makes you return clothes you bought, deletes your songs,doesn't let you visit your parents....which century is he from .

Please don't hide your problems from your parents.
    It is a bigger problem for them if they suddenly come to know everything.

Take back your life.
    Start by getting your fil off your back.
    If he talks about divorce...just tell him to go ahead .
    As for mil...Just stay firm and wear what you want .

2. Grace09

Grace09 Senior IL'ite

OP, the sooner a firm decision is taken the better it is. You need to decide some areas where you will not absolutely not let anyone humilate you, control you or in any way treat you any lesser. If and when anyone cross their limit in these areas, do everything in your power - reply back, physically storm out, or resort to divorce to correct the situation. The key is you stay true to your self. It is fact of life that you just cannot change people so either you leave them or change yourself. In your case by changing yourself you are just undermining yourself. Life is too long and too precious to waste over such scumbags. Trust me, you cant see it now, but if you remsin commited to LIFE, life will reward you with joy and happiness, just matter of time and commitment.

zeppelingirl and Sunshine04 like this.
  3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Long live yellow mango.
    I need you as my personal advisor:clap2::clap2::worship2:

zeppelingirl likes this.
  4. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Dear Op,

Ur statement reminds me of my initial days of marriage even my FIL tried to pick up and drop from office to residence and back (the same rule was applicable for my DH & SIL my DH never listened to him where as SIL followed). I started coming home either extremely late from office or early from office, on asking reason my answer was "I treat u guys like my parents and I don't want to trouble u at this age for such silly, if anything is serious will inform I will demand help from them like their own daughter". It worked for me and now I changed my office location pretty far away and even they don't bother, but still my in laws crib but I don't care.

Please inform about ur marriage issues to ur parents, why u r afraid of them? I would also suggest inform ur local police station about ur fears.

Its a very big RED FLAG in ur marriage, they are not allowing u ur basic rights? Inform ur and his side family, office, relatives and other friends.

zeppelingirl and sindmani like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Brilliant idea ;)