1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Cut Off From Mean People

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Also pls remember lot of Indian husbands don't help their wife with kids pick up drop off or taking care of sick kids. It's women only who can understand and help other women.

Sinant likes this.
  2. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

They are not working women, never worked back home also. They seek information only in return if we ask something might be small as kids classes they won't say.

3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Exact thing happened with me few months back.

A opposite building lady with 1yr kid became friend in summer going walks and taking kids to park.

As winter started we decided to bring kids one day her house n one day mine. Her kid is 1yr will literally pull everything including kitchen onion potatoes b entire Hall is mess she wouldn't care to clean. And also she will just sit n chat n I would run behind her kid as m scared she would put heavy things on her in kitchen or would pull something near tv or stuff. I always have habit to clean up toys after playing in my house or other hosue. N top to it when days we dint meet for playing she calls n talks hours. She puts ear phone n talk n keep doing her work . where as I don't like and have so many things to talk . I was daily annoying my dh that m scared to loose her as company for kid. Finally I got annoyed n said m learning some tech course n busy n cut off playdatealso. And stopped receiving calls n later message I was busy doing something. Exactly like you said, she also ask what I was doing I will just reply was doing something.
    Finally she got hint. Now once in while she pings n chat. Some people need clear message.

That's y I prefer virtual world. Socializing is important but not every time. So many times I need my personal space.ne more incident one lady she used to always ping on Friday saying nice dp which place. Then ask what's plans for this weekend

I always sign up everywhere search fb n have events for weekend. She just doesn't want to look for events. Many ping me fri asking events also ask what time, where is it, is it worth going, even after giving them events screenshot. It's so annoying they want readymade. After getting info no call/chat till next Friday.

Once I saw a lady's Watsup dp n asked where was event she said I don't know husband took I went. N when asked what plans for long weekend she said not sure n next day other friend told both family together went for a event. After this I felt bad n stopped giving list of events n my weekend plans to others.

Mean people really.

Mehana likes this.
  4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

@sumalynux yes you are absolutely correct. I had similar experiences as well. I realized after sometime these people are not much worth maintaining friendship.

I moved on and always try to keep some friends but more careful and not sharing all my informations unless I feel this person is good enough....but nowadays I take time to select my close friends circle

sumalynux likes this.
  5. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

People have suggested good ways here but sometimes it's just not possible. So you just have to ignore. Good luck.