How to cure asthma without any side effects?

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by aparajitasarkar, Sep 7, 2009.

1. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Family history has a say in raising your risks for developing asthma. Start following asthma precautions diligently to avoid the occurrence of this allergic illness to enjoy a sigh of easy breathing
    Have you checked your family-tree for asthma history?

2. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Ventilating your walls and indoors will help reduce your chances to be on a ventilator.

3. jojoattu

jojoattu New IL'ite

My brother also has been suffering from asthma since childhood and he was found to be allergic to dust, eggs and also weather change. But as he grew, he was introduced to eggs when he was around 6/7 years of age and no reaction took place. Now he stuffs himself with eggs. Raw eggs is risky these days as it is medically reported for fear of salmonella.

Cleanliness is extremely important and vacuuming is a must. As some of the members posted here, no soft toys and also avoid carpeting the house. Homeopathy is believed to be a very important therapy for treating asthmatic patients. But for this patience is required as it takes time.

As the child grows into adulthood, he/she can be introduced to yoga method of breathing which strengthens lung capacity. I have heard of the Russian Buteyko method (can read about it in the net), they also have potentially rewarding benefits for asthmatics.

4. anjalimalhotra

anjalimalhotra New IL'ite

DJJS (Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan) Aarogya is organising Sharad Purnima health camp for treatment of Asthama, Bronchitis, Chronic cold and cough on 5th Oct 2017 at Bangalore Patidar Samaj, 8th mile, Hesaraghatta road. You can contact these numbers for more details- 9845173601, 080-23720555. This is a very effective and age old practice followed by Ayurvedacharyas and many have benefited from this shivir being held by branches of this organisation from past many years.

Djjs Bengaluru

5. nishashah

nishashah New IL'ite

Up till now, there is no cure for asthma although modern medicine has made it possible to control the symptoms completely so that you can almost forget you have asthma. The most important thing is to identify the triggers of asthma and avoid them. Some of the most common triggers are as follows:

1. Dust Mites - Mites that thrive in the dust on mattresses, curtains, and soft toys
    2. Cigarette smoke and air pollutants
    3. Pollen
    4. Pets
    5. Viral and bacterial infections — Common cold and sinusitis
    6. Medication
    7. Food — Certain food items such as fizzy drinks, nuts and food colour/additives
    8. Weather — Weather conditions, such as cold air or extremely dry, wet or windy weather
    I feel your neighbour should take special care related to cleanliness because it could be a factor that triggers her child's asthma. She needs to follow doctors guidelines proper to avoid further damage to her child.

Usually, asthma medicine is usually given via inhalers so that it reaches the lung directly and causes minimal side effects.

6. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

My mother had chronic asthma for many years. Growing up in metro city I watched helplessly suffering many years. Then I came across one advertise in news paper. Some family from Hyderabad give patient live fish to swallow with water. That cured my mom's long time asthma. Also heard pranayam and some breathing exercises help lot