1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to convey this to MIL???? Urgent!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by wannabmommy, Feb 21, 2012.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

u know ur post made me smile that how a lot of newly weds like us face common problems :) .
    in my case mom in law does not sleep with us but yes when my husband goes for work she will hang around with me :) . we have food together and she will ask me 100 times if i need something :hide: .when i started studying she come n ask after every 30 min do u need water , tea , coffee , fruits etc:) although its sweet but it can irritate u . so i told her that i want to study for some time without disturbance and will come out when my work is over. she was sweet and understood it:) so u know i feel although some people might be doing it intentionally but the thing is for many mom in laws its difficult to make out and accept that their son and dil need separate time. so i think instead of giving hints u can talk to your husband that u feel awkward about this whole thing.
    or if u dont want to talk then as soon as u guys go to bedroom u should lock it. may be she will get the hint.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. wannabmommy

wannabmommy Silver IL'ite

Thanks girls for giving me suggestions!!! Will definitely try all of them out.

To answer few of your questions: My MIL is not at all the innocent types [​IMG]
    She can very well be nominated for the Oscars best actress award [​IMG] She knows how to act sophisticated in front of others and be the cheapest actually. So it is all the more difficult to handle her. My problem is aggravated because my great H is also a mamma's boy.

Hopefully this time it should not be bad because we are trying for a baby & I've managed to change him a bit. Also I will be more bolder and convey my point!!