How to control anger

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sankasailaja, Dec 18, 2011.

1. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies
    im going to enterinto 4th month,thyroid has been found in 2nd month,taking medicines to control it.

since 2months im facing a problem ,its not about health,becoz they are all common at this time,as it is mine 2nd pregnancy.

im really getting so much anger,becoming serious n tensed for most of the issues and not speaking properly with my mom r hubby r even with my daughter.

offcourse my baby is very hyperactive,very naughty,as she is going to nursery,when she is not doing homework properly,im beating her a lot,im unable think at that time,she is having good memory which she is identifying in movies,songs n all other stuff,when comes to studies,she isnt,but my mom n hubby says she is small ,will learn,it might take time,be patience,which im not having.

im tensed,as when thyroid rectified,doctor advised be careul,tension free,oterwise it ay affect baby growth,but im keeping that promise
    im neglecting to do mediatation for atleast 10mnts also,why?

ladies 1 simple question plz help mehow to overcome this,how to be patient ordoes this happen becoz of thyroid r hormones change,why plz ladies advise me to get my baby grow properly,n to not forget my daughter is also a kid n needs me a lot

plzzzzzzzzz help meeeeeee

2. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Dear Sailaja,

I have a feeling that because of your elder kid, you dont have the luxury to just relax and do nothing when you dont want to, and that is tough on your nerves :)

Try to plan all your work so that you have some free-me time, and learn to let go if your dd doesnt do her homework, at nursery level, you dont have to get so stressed!!!

Just leave her to engage herself (safely) and build an enjoyable relationship with her, you'll appreciate it when the new baby arrives :)

Try to find a CD called "Ojas - for pregnant women" - you've to listen to it on speaker, not earplugs - it relaxes you and also stimulates the little one's brain - If you know about torrents, you can find this there... else let me know I'll search for a link or send you an email or private message (I have it on disk!!)

3. umasubramanian

umasubramanian New IL'ite

Dear shylaja I give the doctors tips to control your anger Tips for Anger Management

If you are desperately seeking answers to queries like how to control anger in a relationship, you can find them in these simple yet immensely practical tips.

Start Counting

You might have heard this a thousand times over, but it surely works and hence remains a prominent anger management tip. The moment you fly into a rage stop and count from one to ten. The intensity of anger is bound to subside.

Work on your problem solving skills

By developing problem solving skills you can get prevent anger. For doing so, establish regular problem solving sessions to avoid angry arguments and ways to deal with problematic situation at the very initial stage.

Avoid the Situation for a while

When the situation is bad enough for you to get extremely angry about, just leave it for later. Simply leave the venue and the situation and withdraw for the moment. Detaching yourself will provide you with the time to think and evaluate your behaviour. You are bound to behave rationally, once the initial tempers are cooled off.

Refrain from saying anything once you are angry. You are surely to regret it later, so it is better not to talk at the moment. Keep silent for as long as you can even if somebody else is provoking you to say something.
    Exercise on Daily Basis

Include exercises in your daily regime. Not only will it keep you physically fit but it will also help you to manage your emotions better. Exercises are known to release happy hormones which make you feel good about yourself and others. In a fit of rage, the best thing to do would be to head for a walk and cool your nerves.

Learn to Forgive and Forget

Nursing grudges will only strain the equation you have with your partner. If you have withdrawn from a situation which is particularly unpleasant, learn to erase it permanently from your memory and carry on. Dwell upon the positive aspects of a relationship rather than the negative ones.
    These simple anger management techniques will surely help to maintaining a sweet and congruous relationship with your partner. Always remember, the anger is essentially temporary but the relationship is permanent.

4. sankasailaja

thanks a lot or ur valuable tips dear harini and uma
    harini regarding the link il try,but if u can send a link for me,it will be more helpful for me.

thanks once again

5. harinisripada

Please send your email id by private message, I'll get back to you

6. sankasailaja

dear harini can u pz tell me how send to u a private message?

7. harinisripada

I have sent a private message to you, login to your indusladies account and click on private messages, reply to my message :)

8. sankasailaja

In order to send a private message, you need to have made at least 10 posts in the last 1 month.
    hariniprasad im seeing this msg,when im trying to send a pm to you,can u hep in htis regard?
    thank you