How to concentrate while Praying ?

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by SSNmom, Feb 21, 2012.

1. SSNmom

SSNmom Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

While praying to god, i am unable to concentrate properly. I am thinking very weird things rather than concentrating on god and offering my prayers. I feel very bad and sometimes i fear of looking at god photos also. :bowdown. Please help me.

Regards,
    SSN

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

You dont have to fear looking at god's photo, think of them as your father, mother and talk to them in your own language, in fact you dont have to pray fro anything, they (guru)knows what to the children require, you have have to keep them in your mind in all what you do... Automatically your devotion will increase.

May Baba bless you in abundance and guide you right

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

SSN,

While praying, try to keep it short and take breaks every now and then, instead of spending an hour or so in one stretch. Short breaks(for water etc, some shlokas in the morning and some in the evening), every now and then, keeps your mind fresh and makes it less of a monotonous routine.

There is no need to fear God(for not being formal), and there is no standard way to communicate to God. One can communicate/talk/pray informally and still have a strong spiritual understanding.

4. SSNmom

SSNmom Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much Saisakthi and navs for the encouraging words, sure i will follow them and slowly come out of my discomfort.

It might be as you said because i keep on struggling to follow a standard way of praying it becomes difficult.