1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to Carry on life?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by panda2014, Apr 14, 2014.

1. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

Am writing this on behalf of my friend. She is currently going through divorce process. She oftens states that she dreads facebook and any other mode of social network because when she sees her peers and colleagues going through a happy mode of life(Lovely family pic of husband and wife with their kids) , a question pops up in her mind "why me". And so has isolated herself from such sites .She is a kind of person who has always chosen a right path in her life and then one marriage turned her life upside down. So she often gets conflicting thoughts like why her? Why God is being so rude?
    She says that she feels not sad for herself but very jealous of others (The people with wrong attitudes having everything going right 4 them ) and asks me why God is so cruel? Why he lets bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. It really worries me when she says that she is fed up with her life(No suicidial thoughts)
    I have told her not to compare herself with any one else s life but still she ends up comparing...how to avoid comparing ones life with that of another?
    How to pep/motivate/inspire her up? Pour in your thoughts please.

1 person likes this.

2. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

tell her not to worry marriage has gone to divorce which means she must have faced alot of problems in her life
    your are a very good friend as you are showing so much concern and love for her
    a winning horse doesnot know why it is whipped by his master so much.
    here god is our master and your friend is the winning horse she will win one day in her life
    there is really something good in store for her
    god will never leave us alone her good deeds will pay off one day
    u support her and be with her
    good luck dear
    regards
    jaya

3 people like this.
  3. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

"why me?" is a question that often has no answer. skipping the q and focusing on "what's next?" is the way to go.

12 people like this.
  4. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Dasikaji for such a prompt reply...the horse parable is really inspiring and meaningful .

5. Dreamer

Dreamer Silver IL'ite

Tell her that it's a phase and it shall pass. If she has come this far in life, she is destined to go further.

6. HeartHealer

HeartHealer Guest

Hi panda2014,

Who's completely happy here ?? I guess, nobody. Everyone has his/her share of happiness and problems. No body is perfect, completely happy from his life.

Few couples out there have ego issues, few have extra-marital issues, few have problems related to their physical bonding, few have issues from family, few have problems related to kids, few have problems on work front, their career, professional lives and rest others have health issues.

I don't see anybody saying I don't have any damn problem in my life. If he/she has no problems now, things will change soon.

So, tell your friend not to feel sad. Divorce is a difficult thing to handle but dragging a relationship for name-sake is harder. We all are humans, we do mistakes, our decisions go wrong, our instincts deceit us and even if we take right decisions, we still face problem, we fail and there's nothing that we can do about it. That's Life !!

Ask her to feel good that she's coming out of a trauma, that she didn't allow herself to deteriorate any further, compromise beyond her willingness and sacrifice her identity just to hold a relationship which has lost his meaning.

If this is the case, its way better to be alone and shape life your way.

Try to bring her to this forum. She'll find a good company.

7 people like this.
  7. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much heart healer for the kind response . Comforting to hear.

2 people like this.
  8. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

these are steps in healing being sad,angry,jealeous ,accepting ,moving on.......she needs to go through them to truly get over her bad marriage.

as friend you need to listen,cheer her up with positive talk & occasional treats...
    just be there for her....

1 person likes this.
  9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi

I completely understand what your friend is going through. I am often mired with such thoughts too, thinknig that everyone but me seems to be very happy!

I used to see friends' facebook pictures/exchanges and wonder why my husband and I are never like that (and this is when I have a pretty issue-less marriage!!), or when I see someone's linkedin profile and think why I am not doing as well as the other person in my career etc., etc. When I was in India, I used to see my friends' pictures on exotic vacations abroad and used to think if I will ever get a chance to do those fun things! Now that I am here in the US, I look at the pictures of my friends back in India and think how lucky they are to be so close to family and have all the fun! So there...

I once looked at my profile from my friend's facebook account and I realized that in her place, I would think the exact samething about me - that of a very happy, cozy family of three! So everyone obviously has their own fair share of problems, but wouldn't want to burden the entire world with displaying those on social media.

Tell her she is a strong woman who has decided to take control of her life, something which not many women are bold enough or are in a position to do! So in that respect, she is better off than a lot of people.

4 people like this.
  10. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

And also realize that most people post or project the filtered "happy" things and reality could be quite different.

Tell your friend that she is fortunate to be able to close a chapter that wasn't in her best interest and move on to find happier times in her life. Marriage and career do not define us nor our value or worth.

She should focus on herself, love herself and do the things that make her happy after experiencing this traumatic period in her life. You're a good friend to help her :)

Also, tell her to read this:
    How to Pick Your Life Partner - Part 1 | Wait But WhyAnd

and this:
    How Not To Be Offended – The Secret To Peace | Spirit Science and Metaphysics

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    3 people like this.