1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to Calm all time cry baby?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by lavii, Feb 8, 2012.

1. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

My baby suddenly started acting this way..she is 18 months now ..Previously when she used to get up she used to have a smile on face and start her day..Now the minute she gets up she starts crying..when we ask her what happend she wont respond...Not just that for anything she cries..If she wants something even before we take it and give she starts off..She was not like this before.And she acts very stubborn never listens to anyone ..Infact she loves to do what we deny ..She is very aggresive when she is with other kids..Health wise she is all fine..My mom says its common but i find change wierd ..

2. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

She found out that anything can work for her cry...Yes, cry is a babies tool to do their things. Please ignore her cries if you have tolerance of noise otherwise she will turn out rotten - believe me!
    My boy does the same thing if he wants anything, if I ignore him he even rolls on the floor to make it more intense...if I walk away from him , he comes where I am and rolls on floor crying...ha ha
    They act funny, just be hard :)

Good luck on parenting :)

1 person likes this.
  3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Kids are very smart. She figured out that the easiest way to get what she wants from you is to throw a tantrum. If you want to get rid of this phase asap, then you should harden up and ignore her cries for silly reasons. When she cools down tell her that she will get what she wants if she asks nicely.

The initial days of this will be real wrenching. But if you bear it for few days and continue ignoring her tantrums, she will realize that her tantrums will not work with you.

You can also try giving her a time-out in a corner if she continues doing so.

1 person likes this.
  4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the replies..Yes i tried to ignore her for a while but my husband or my mom will enter the picture and try to change her mood or accept what she wants us to do..She is becoming stubborn day by day...When i say them we have to change they will never accept ..My mom and mil say its a passing phase but i am scared as to how she will change next...Will try again though

5. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Show them the suggestions here and explain to them the consequences of giving in to her tantrums.

It will be a passing phase if and only if we deal with it without giving in. It can be real heart wrenching for you guys to see the little one cry. But if you give in to her demands, this phase will continue for a long time and the stubbornness will increase.

Ignore her tantrums and send the message across that she can get what she wants in better ways, she will change quickly and revert to the sweet little girl.