How to calculate sovereign for 24 carat gold?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by satin, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi,

Seriously all these gives me the heebie jeebies.

2. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

:)

Yeah I did get a decent profit,I mean the rate has tripled :),I bought it 7 years back.Even I postponed buying jewellery items for me for 3 years and my mom used to force me to buy whenver I visit chennai,finally I bought it last year,happy that I atleast bought it last year,I kept postponing it hoping the prices would come down,but never thought the prices would rise so much.Yeah rates are increasing everywhere,thast why I made couple of investments to on my kid's name,glad I `did.

3. iCool

iCool Senior IL'ite

i was exactly searching for this answer..thanks orion80..

4. paulmac

paulmac New IL'ite

Thanks for all of this. No wonder we are sometimes referred to as "the sandwich generation" - that is, sandwiched between our parents and our children.

1 person likes this.
  5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Hi satin...

Its old thread but since i exchanged recently thought of giving the information...

its true if you save 24 ct gold and later exchange it buy some jewels of 22 ct gold... we got more... i dont know exactly how much i got it... but my 24 ct gold was 5 pouns(8*5=40 gms) but i got more than 40 gms of gold more over there was no deduction in the gold... if its 22ct coin they deduct 3% from the current price value... but for 24 ct gold they consider the current rate without any deduction... so in future if u r planning to make jewels out of that its better to save 24ct gold...