1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to bring in an emotional attachment & sound understanding in our marriage??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Pavitra25, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Pavitra25

Pavitra25 New IL'ite

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Just to give you a brief about our marriage: It has been about 6 years that I have been married to my husband. Ours was a love marriage being arranged by parents.

I don't know what's the reason and how to do it; but I feel, even in spite of spending this much tenure together; our bond is very weak in terms of understanding, communication and strong attachment. He does love me, but I strongly feel a lack of belonigingness from his side. Initially he used to take care of my smallest emotion and tiniest views with respect. But, off late, he takes my feelings for a ride.

After initial arguments to conflicts, now he has been so prejudiced for me that even my such things; which earlier he used to find so loving has become a part of his criticism for me. :( Ego..Anger..Negative point of view..All such things makes me feel so helpless to find out the correct way and a path towards a peaceful married life. There's a severe lack off communication from his end..Which has gradually made me emotionally so dependent on friends and family members.

He is very practical and my weeping about such things make him feel so sick of me thinking I am nagging him; rather than being sympathetic about me. :'(

When I look at my other friends' or cousins' wedding lives; I feel so dissatisfied and ask myself, where did I go wrong in cultivating a strong base in our bond.

Please guide me how can I bring in a belongingness, attachment and understanding in our wedding.

Thank you so much for your valuable thoughts; which will be so precious for me.

Best Regards,
    Pavitra.

2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

can you cite some examples of the lovely-things-turned-unlovely?
    try to clear those prejudices by your actions/reactions as evidence and gain back the sentiments.

1 person likes this.
  3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Its a mutual process, unless the other person is keen, you can play only Solitaire.

8 people like this.
  4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

well,no use comparing your life with that of your cousins & friends........they have their own problems of which you may not have any idea.........

what I understand that in past he used to find your ego,anger etc charming but now he doesn't ....is that so(your post is not very clear but that is what I deduce)
    say,you find a joke worth laughing one time.........you hear it again & smile...3rd time still you manage a thin smile but then 4th time it gets boring ......I hope you got that.....somethings can be charming only few times & not life long.........

its your own life & you are the best judge to find what is wrong & how can it be made right.....if your crying irritates him then stop that.............what is wrong with sharing with friends & relatives & not with hubby......afterall women understand better then men(even our hubby) what is bothering us.........so if you can lighten your stress talking to friends then its good...........you can concentrate better on married life.

1 person likes this.
  5. mahek87

mahek87 New IL'ite

Hi Pavitra ,

Just give it time n hope things pan out better way . Because after few years of marraige i found my husband equally practical and self thinking most times , guess some think that way. The only way out I could think so was bid time and hope sooner or later theres a bit of change , weeping about things would drive him angry is what i thought. So better just ride the things out and hope things turn out good in near term.

1 person likes this.
  6. akanksha999

akanksha999 Silver IL'ite

Time doesn't stand still.

As days pass, Relationships are bound to change.

Could you honestly list down a few things you have done to keep your marriage happier?

2 people like this.
  7. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

Well, first thing which has to be kept in mind is, "Never compare your life with others" :notthatway: This will only make us unhappy...

This worked for me... My husband never consoles me even if I am crying very badly right in front of him. He does not even make an attempt to ask the reason... He'll pretend as if I am not there... I used to go crazy at this attitude :spin

But as time passed, I have understood that he always somehow knows the reason for my weeping.. He makes sure he finds a solution for it but never tells it to anyone... He also does not tell me about it :hide:... But, he makes sure next time I'll not cry for that same thing :)

So, these days I just wait patiently for some weeks to get an answer for his silence :)

1 person likes this.
  8. PadmalathaK

PadmalathaK Senior IL'ite

I learnt that there are 2 rules for a successful marriage:
    1 rule actually (each for husband and wife)
    .....Husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself....
    Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands .... wife must respect her husband
    Quoting from Bible - Ephesians 5
    It might sound very tough (especially the submission part for women), but if a husband does his part - loving his wife as his own self, and the wife does her part - submit and respect her husband, i believe they can have paradise.
    Regards,
    Padmalatha.K

1 person likes this.
  9. Pavitra25

Pavitra25 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Radhai, Shilpa, Pragati, Mahek, Akanksha & Ardhra for your valuable inputs in terms of very promising suggestions and able guidance.

I shall add some detailed info providing a specific vision of the current scenario; for you to introspect and help out with some remedies.

Thanks & Regards,
    Pavitra.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kiran33

Kiran33 New IL'ite

Dear pavitra, our story seem to be d same......we have a love marriage too arranged by parents but lack of understanding and confidence in each other is what we r facing. We'll I guess d reason in my case hAs been repeated fights over n over again
    i guess relation between husband n wife are too sensitive n we really need to be conscious bout our words fr each other.....
    and I guess being cheerful n chirpy n very presentable also will help.
    lets just be particular that we take care of his likings and act and talk more of dose subjects.......
    lets be connected more frequently discussing d same
    hope vr able t help each other and ourselves