1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Behave Now?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Prabh, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Prabh

Prabh New IL'ite

Hi all
    My husband colluegues and their wife 6-7 couple group use to do potluck and some weekend outing once a week . It used to be around 2 years back.

Out of those 6-7 couples we were the one who were not the part of all outings as according to our schedule and slowly they continued and we were not the part anymore. As we also don't want to be there specially dint like that backbitting thing in some of their nature.

In last two years my husband meets all males of gp in office as they are his colleges wheares i am in touch with very few as once in month and specially one of my friend so called of that gp is not in touch with me and same from my side it's silent war going on.

After this 1.5 year we are invited to a birthday party where everyone will be there and we will meet after such long time.
    The birthday is also of that gp member kid only.

My question is going there is noot an option as we have to go they also came on my kid birthday

How to face everyone there i mean i know we were not wrong i am not wrong they are not wrong it's just our nature dint match up and we are not so show off type people me and my husband both.

So how to be in that party where me and my baby are not feeling left out.
    It's easy for husbands to manage as male have no problem in dealing these things.

Thanks

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

There is this policy I follow with a crowd that I'm not too comfortable it. Its called " Out of sight Out of mind"
    Which mean, I Initiate the conversation even if they don't initiate. When I see them, I talk very nicely with " Oh such a long time, we haven't met" continued with a " Sure, we should meet more often" with the ending " It was so great to meet you guys" . I never say " Oh, I will call, text or let's catch up" its always agreeing with them. and never call text or be available to meet.

It's always better not to have a hostile situation as life is short and the world is small.

nakshatra1 and ashima10 like this.
  3. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Just be cheerful.
    No one will bring up the past in a birthday party

4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

What do you have to worry about ? Put on a smile, say your hi and hello’s , enjoy the cake and pizza ! Don’t overthink this !

Itsmylife143 likes this.
  5. ririta477

ririta477 New IL'ite

Since it is a kid's birthday party, there are going to be many other kids right? Probably you could hang out with the other kiddos along with yours and try to involve. Strike up a kiddie conversation, crack jokes or even lend a hand if you can like for distributing return gifts, candies or food. That way you'd be mingling with the kids or perhaps even the other adults and also having a nice time for yourself. The company of children is always amusing!

Remember to delight yourself first, then others can be truly delighted!

6. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

OP
    I understand the feeling of being left out as you are not part of the so called group. Go with a smiley face. Keep short and sweet talks with everyone about whereabouts. Also keep the time short like go little late or come back little early and prepare for some reason incase you are questioned. Get involved in your lo like make him play. Also there might be guests other than the group. So try to spend time with them too by intiating some conversation.

JustAnotherMom likes this.
  7. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Go to the party on time, give a useful nice gift to the kid.
    Talk formally like how you do to distant relatives on a common wedding/function.
    Let your kid mingle with other kids... Let them play.
    Behave as if nothing happened.
    Return early from the party. Don't over stay.

8. Anjana124

Anjana124 Senior IL'ite

Most of the times things don't happen the way we imagine it to be. Since it is a party, with so many people around, everyone gets involved in some talks or activities. Just say a hi to people you know. And engage yourself like watching how kids play, take a note on how the party things were arranged, or ask the hosts if they need some help. Try not getting into chatting with people you are not comfortable with. People avoid discussing issues, problems, personal matters, opinions in get together. So don't worry. Enjoy your time!

9. Anjana124

Anjana124 Senior IL'ite

Even if you see them passing comments, just ignore! A matter of couple of hours in your life. Not worth worrying ..