How To Be Positive

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by sarvantaryamini, Nov 5, 2018.

1. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Sure Mangaii, I will do that, would definitely like to know how other parents deal with such issues.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

at this time I would say forget about your husband and his behavior and pay attention on your kid. Read the post by @Gauri03 it has some excellent advice. You cannot control how your husband acts. Yes it affects you but you cannot do anything now to change him.

Gauri03 and sindmani like this.
  3. sarvantaryamini

Actually I have stopped it, I have learned to forgive him, just that I wonder how someone can be so detached from their own people. If he hadn't kept on upping the pressure, this wouldn't have happened. My son wouldn't have been looking secretly at his iPad in the bathroom if he weren't worried that it would be taken away from him.

4. sarvantaryamini

Frankly, I did not think that far when I chose the name, I knew the meaning of Sarvaantaryami, I had a feeling it would sound pompous, but I felt it was a nice name, it is also one of the thousand names of Goddess Parvati, so I chose it. The path to God seems to be so difficult sometimes, getting detached to self and others is not easy. I am nowhere near that perfection. I have a lot of flaws, I get depressed easily, can't make up my mind, am insecure and not the risk taking type. To keep up the spirit is not easy, especially when someone thinks they have great spirits and anyone who is trying to be tough is contending with them, instead of thinking they are trying hard to be in their good books. As far as my son is concerned, he is seeing too much for his age, handling too much as well. I can only help by being more responsible and less detached to unimportant stuff as mentioned. But that is also proving to be a task. Thank you for your kind words.

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Less detached to unimportant stuff ?

When you feel less detached to unimportant stuff, you can unload your feelings of attachment on this forum. :blush: You would have likely noticed that we all do that already.

As for the child, some children are precocious, and notice "things" earlier than other children. Gentle, and clever suasion rather than repeated haranguing of the child would be good for both parent and child.

After all, the goal of every parent is to have their adult children come to them as the first source of help in case they are in a difficult predicament, and not have parent-avoidance as a well practiced routine in their life.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  6. sarvantaryamini

That was a typo, I meant to be less attached to unimportant stuff. Over the course of years, I am learning slowly what is important and unimportant. Just that when such things (like my son's exploits) happen, I don't know how to react. I blocked his iPad from the websites, but I need to block the Mac laptop too and unfortunately those settings are not working at all. To keep one's mouth shut is also a difficult thing. To follow Gandhi's 3 monkey policy is not easy. The world seems a dull place when at the end of the day it is only about survival and nothing else, no feelings, no emotions, just one mad race.