1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Be Around Parents Who Are Negative And Suck Your Energy?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by hridhaya, Sep 28, 2017.

1. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

I can understand ur prob...but ur mom is aged u can’t change anything now other than adjusting and ignoring some things for next 5to 10 yrs.negative or positive they r parents at the age of 70 we can’t leave them right.

Just ignore what she says shouts ect.dont take it to ur heart because it’s hurts u..

More than u I feel bad for ur brother wife.

2. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

@hridhaya After reading this post of urs, I can understand what a difficult life u have had- abusive mother and similar brother. U deserve to be free of family drama for sometime or u will be affected mentally. Try to reduce contact with them for a few months,actually u can't and shouldn't be thinking about them all the time, its not healthy. Abusive parenting does not deserve the greatest care in old age, and u are already doing a lot, Now try to be free mentally atleast . Ur health and peace of mind is most important, without that nothing matters. Stop feeling guilty and constantly responsible for others, u are lucky to have a good husband so focus on ur life and be happy.

hridhaya likes this.
  3. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, your mother probably stuck in a bad marriage because of her kids. She could be frustrated as time is running out. She seems to be depressed. It is very difficult for you I can understand. Sit and give her undivided attention for a few minutes everyday. She could be lonely.

4. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I replied based on your original post. Did not read all the responses. So am not sure if I got the entire picture correctly. If possible let your parents live in a place where they can be independent so that they don't depend on you or your brother.