1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Approach Gentleman For Friendship (that May Turn Into Something Else Later)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ChennaiExpress, Apr 15, 2017.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Most of you know my story.

Now, I wish to introduce myself to someone, but I'm not sure how to.

Let me give timeline.

Early 2010s: I moved back home because new job was nearby. Off and on I would see several men and women at nearby coffee shop at lunch, or around the neighborhood in general because we are downtown office area. Several are state attorneys (court house nearby). Naturally, lot of them look nice because they dress nice, etc. Of course, I am the prettiest :hello:

2012: I got married (and we all know how that ended)

2013: I was on jury duty. Many cases are presented by assistant district attorney and we as jury decide whether case should go to trial.

One of the assistant district attorneys was one of the young men I've seen as nearby coffee shop, or around the area in general since moving back home. Since I was married at the time, I didn't even want to look at him. Plus when one of the jurors asked him where he lived he replied, "I live at XYZ with my girlfriend." I felt guilty for thinking he is attractive because he already has girlfriend and I am married lady, waiting for my ex to get temporary GC to come to USA (little did I know that he married for fraudulent reason, was abusive, was visiting prostitutes, etc, etc).

2016: I was accompanying someone to lunch at a nearby building, that young man happened to be there with another gentleman (probably lunch meeting), and I'm not sure, but I could swear he was trying to look at me (I was blushing because I saw him, plus I was wearing a bright red maxi skirt and my long hair was flowing down --- thank you Amla Hair Oil :tonguewink:)

2017: Few weeks ago I saw him come out of the subway holding a suit and looking really upset. A week ago, I was getting coffee at and saw him there. He aged since 2010 (probably due to job pressures, but I bet this guy is my age, if not younger) I was in a hurry so I cut in front of him to get out the door.

Question: Is it wise to approach this young man if I ever see him again? How would I do it? Or should I let things take it's course.

Ladies, please advise.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Are you certain that he's still single?

3. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

I don't know OP's background, but I had the same question, OP be careful, don't end up somewhere.

4. ChennaiExpress

@MalStrom @bruised234 I'm not sure about his relationship status.

Now I am thinking many times before I entertain the notion of marriage in general.

I guess I will lay low. Besides I'm finally discovering pockets of contentment in single life that I didn't discover earlier.

5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

If you have been seeing him all the time in the same lunch place, go up to him one day, the day he had come by himself, and say hello. And invent a line to add to that. But never use "got any convictions lately ?"
    Annotation:
    con·vic·tion kənˈvikSH(ə)n/

1. a formal declaration that someone is guilty of a criminal offense, made by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law..

2. a firmly held belief or opinion.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  6. ChennaiExpress

Hello seems so simple .... Hopefully I can be sure of his single status ...

7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

A hello is not so simple. Put an emphasis on the "ll" of the hello and give it a smile to go with. It can confuse the hell out of that man.
    Single ? I thought you merely wanted to jump those well hung bones, and then see what happens afterwards.
    Life is already has a few regrets of having done things; life shouldn't end up full of regrets for not having done the whatever's..... no?

8. ChennaiExpress

LOL!!!! ----- That "helllllllllllo" would confuse him :)

Well he looks nice in a suit anyway. Good height, a bit on the skinny side (doesn't look like he goes to gym). Decent set of bones ;)

9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

It appears that we are writing in different languages. Perhaps I shouldn't have confounded the two idiomatic phrases, "jump the bones" and "well hung".;-)
    You seem to have two choices: admire from afar, or make a cold call and see if there is a response. Consider the downside of each of these, and you'd have the courage to make the cold call. Go for it.

10. ChennaiExpress

Yeah, I put them together ...

Ahhhhhh ..... will see if the opportunity presents itself (and if I have the courage!)