how to answer nosy friends when they ask questions about having baby

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by 27csweetangel, Feb 24, 2012.

1. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

hi all, i am sure many of us are going through this phase,,i have a bunch of nosy friends and some relatives,,every now and then coming up with a question"are u trying for a baby,when are going to have a baby,,Ahhh!! i am just sick of such people, although some of these friends are married before me and older atleast 2-3 years than me,not having babies themselves ..keep asking me ..at every party they keep asking why are you not drinking and i find it hard to come up with different answers to shut there mouths. its tricky situation..i don't want to stop socializing with them but i am always carrying baggage on mind whenever i see them..what do you guys give excuses..may be i once told them that we are gonna try for a baby soon..thats why they pester me.

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Actually 27csweetangel, its not such a difficult thing to manage such pesky people.
    Tell them it will happen when it is destined to. And that you'll let them know when it does.
    If they go on about what you are doing to get there, tell them you are doing your part and God will take care of the rest.

I understand how annoying it can be when people keep asking you these questions. It may be out of their care and affection for you or simply curiosity. Friends are actually easier to handle. You can tell them straight about this and many do understand. Relatives, yes, its a little difficult. But keep saying the same thing.
    "We will try soon and we'll let you know for sure when it happens."

1 person likes this.
  3. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Here are a few pat answers I had for those insensitive few!

"Baby?! We're still enjoying our time together as a couple and have a few more honeymoons to go before we plan for one" (this is mostly for friends)

"Am laying off alcohol as I am focusing on getting fit and healthy. So bring on a mocktail and we can raise our glass to each other!"

"Will let you know when it happens. It is a gift from God and He knows when to bless us with a baby" (mostly for elders, relatives, ILs, and the likes)

If they are still prying and don't have kids themselves, turn the question around and ask "If you are so keen on babies how come you guys don't have one yet?" That should shut them up for a while :)

2 people like this.
  4. blessed2009

blessed2009 Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Yeah some people do ask.And for some sweet friends who are also trying want to know if we guys are trying too as if its some competition and they want to hit the goal first :).i just reply we are not trying so hard neither we are taking precautions.if it happens it will be good and if it doesnnt we are fine....( but in realty just me & dh only know how bad we want it and cry over 2 days when a negative test comes :)

1 person likes this.
  5. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite